Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Replacing Your Fuel Filter: How often, and getting the part!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmmoss
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Replacing Your Fuel Filter: How often, and getting the part! Reply with quote

Hi there,
My fuel filter looks like the orginal one from the factory (it has Milano, Italy stamped on it). I have read you are meant to change them once a year to avoid clogging leading to power loss, hesitation and hard starting. But where can you get the right one for the 33? No auto stores seem to have them listed, could I just by one that looks the similar shape and size? How often should they be replaced on the 33? Thanks,
JON
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My Alfa uses the BOSCH fuel filter as it has the previous electrical system. It depends whether you have such system or the IAW which the filter looks differently.

Normally it is replaced every 40000kms but it is a good practise to replace it earlier at 20000 or even at 15000kms since petrol deposits and dirt can ruin your fuel pump which is a rather costy part (around 200€).

Also when I replaced mine at 30000kms it was amazing how much less noise was generated by the pump Exclamation
So it is better to be safe than sorry for replacing the filter at much shorter intervals for such its price (20€).

Regards

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: