Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

What sort of maser` do you own keith???

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: What sort of maser` do you own keith??? Reply with quote

Noticed in a previous post you mention you maserati. Just curious as to what sort you own.
I really fancy a 90/91 biturbo myself, but recon it`l be like running a possesed 33 (i.e very tempremental. LOL).

Cheers Lee.

Ps, you now have a post to answer Laughing
Gvr
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've your in maserati's

My father has a 1997 2.8 Ghibli Gt and befoure we had a 222 4v Very Happy

greetings
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It is not really mine, it belongs to my better half. Jorik and Serge saw the car at Assen the year before last. It is a Maserati 222E, but fitted with the bumpers and exhausts from the later 222SE (complete with Lancia Thema fog lights, which I found out when a stone smashed one).

Basically Charlotte could only drive an auto for quite a few years (she wrapped her Alfasud round a lamp post) so we wanted a reasonably size auto with a reasonably amount of go

Unfotunatly the bodywork needs sorting out now. Going to get a pair of doors, already got a boot lid and then get it repainted

All the best

Keith
Pilota33
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Nice ! Reply with quote

Was nice to see you Keith, and a nice car, and real Italian... :0

Interested in some meetings in Holland or Belgium??

We're going to visit the Spa Ferrari Days, 24 hrs race on SPa, in combination with the ETCC and visit our close frine Paolo Ruberti in the ETCC 156 GTA, and visit the Nuerburgring, aside from all our meetings in Holland!

CU.

Serge

'79 Spider 2000 Veloce
'83 AlfaSud Sprint Veloce 1.5
'83 33 1.5
'87 33 1.7 iE 16v (chipped)
'88 33 1.7 QV (A/C)
'93 33 1.7 iE S 16v Q4 SW Zender (A/C)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lee
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: mmmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

mmmm, i`ll stop dribbling now, but I think a biturbo and 33 would cause me a financial nightmare. Still, maybe one day, they are getting cheaper now.

Spose it not that odd it shares bits with other italians. Perhaps alfa had an input with mechanicals and vast knowledge of corrosion resistance. lol

Lee
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not sure whether we will make it over the channel this year. Spent too much money last year Crying or Very sad

The 222 is way more expensive than a 33 to run. Try £267 for a distributor cap and £95 for a rotor arm (OK, the prices have dropped recently so they now may be cheaper). The fog lights were £38 from Lancia and £105 from Maserati. Cam belt change every 24000 miles (and a water pump driven by the cam belt, so a seized water pump will wreck the engine)

Rust protection isnt that bad (OK, it isnt that good).

Ho humm

All the best

Keith
Gvr
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father did 330 000km with his 222 4v Exclamation

When my father bought it new he had it dinitrolised but after 8 years there was some rust.Doors needed to be replaced(did a full paint job)

Gearbox and rear diff never needed to be replaced.first we serviced it at the official dealers that was very expensive know the prices of pieces have dropped since ferrari is taking care of buissness.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum