Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Selling my 33 CHEAP!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Kirkcaldie
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Selling my 33 CHEAP! Reply with quote

Well guys, my quest for an Alfa 75 has ended, and so too must the relationship with our green/grey series 1 33 (see my little graphic at left). The car is registered until August but has some rust in the A pillar and that, combined with some other rust and a valve stem leak in the engine has meant that we need to get rid of it.

The car is currently driveable without major problems (other than blue smoke at the rear). Its problems are: rust in the windshield surround and the hatch; heavy steering caused by failure of the upper bearing in the steering column (have a replacement upper column but haven't fitted it), and the valve stem leak. Otherwise the engine is strong, the gearbox (from a Sprint, so mechanical speedo which is rather awkwardly put in by yours truly) is very good (no crunches except down into first occasionally) and it has nice 14" Alfa alloys from a series 2. The engine is the twin carb 1.5 and is beautiful apart from the leak, so if you knew what you were doing it would be good to fix. The interior (brown tweed) is in great shape excepting some wear on the driver's seat.

We are getting rid of it because we need a daily driver that won't need to be off the road to get these repairs. It's still a nice looking and potentially worthwhile car, but I wouldn't sell it to someone who didn't know what they were in for! Probably need about $1500 in work to re-register comfortably.

The car is located in inner West Sydney - if you think you would be interested, make me an offer. Not looking for very much - I'd rather sell it cheaply than laboriously break it for parts.

Contact me at m.kirkcaldie@unsw.edu.au if you are interested please.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: