Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

spooky noises

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ak8635
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: spooky noises Reply with quote

Hi to all,
lately when i start the engine i can hear an clonk (difficult to describe the noise) under the car. The same noise occurs when i switch off the engine.

also i know my suspension is in bad state. when i turn the car with increased acceleration , i can hear the car creaking. Is it still the suspension you think?

the funny thing with the suspension, is that i can not find any yellow konis in uk for series 3. therefore i have to buy them from abroad (greece probably..)

anyhow, i have to travel to bath for weekend, and i am afraid i am gonna have nasty suprises...
Chris Notsis
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Suspension Reply with quote

The noise when turning could be the flat roller bearings located under the strut springs. A common fault. It could also be worn CV joints (outer) on at least one side. Worn bushes in the leading and trailing arms can cause 'squirming' and therefore various noises. If you are considering changing springs / struts, change these bushes too.

Clunking when turning engine on or off: loose engine / exhaust pipe hitting the block or frame. Could also be a loose or broken engine mount, probably the top one, causing the engine to drop. One possible check is remove the stabilising arm (from the right head to the chassis) and hand-rock the engine to see what hits where.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply chris..
i have to do 200 miles, lets hope it ll be ok..
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: