Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Versions: No cat and cat

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RpmHead
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Versions: No cat and cat Reply with quote

Hi!

Is here any other differencies between a 132 bhp (cat) and a 137 bhp (no cat) than just the cat? Smile Are the camshafts, compression and heads just the same on these two models?
'69 Giulia Super
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lesthegringo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: differences Reply with quote

As far as I know the only differences are the Cat and the mapping of the injection to make sure the emissions are low and that it doesn't knock the cat out very quickly

Les
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I know the late 16v boxer engines had slightly different cam timing on one cam on each bank but I cannot remember if it was the inlet or exhaust cam, or whether this is just for the 145/6 or for the late 33 at well.

All the best

Keith
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: All 16V have asymetric cam timing Reply with quote

All 16V have asymetric cam timing on the inlet AFAIK.

The two inlet lobes per cylinder are slightly staggered, so one inlet valve per cylinder opens ever so slightly before the other. Couple with this the asymetry in the inlet tract immedietly behind the vlaves, and you get an interesting, if crude, 'variable' valve timing, or more accurately a Jekyl and Hyde engine.

Talking of which, I think my P4's engine may be starting tomorrow, for the first time. I have been ironing out small things for MOT type stuff tonight (earths for lights, washers and other little things), but me and Lloyd are confident that all is going to be fine .........

I'll let you all know. (trying to find emoticon for quiet but near suicidal worry, but failing, sorry)

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum