Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

My new car

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luciano
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: My new car Reply with quote

I just wanted to share with you guys that I´m buying a Fiat Tipo 1.8 Sedicivalvole. (137 CV as my family´s 33 Q4). Does enyone knows about this car, I know is not comparable to the 33, but I´d like to hear what do you think about it.

Cheers
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

there's some info available at http://www.carsfromitaly.com.

Marcin
Adam H
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did exactly the same thing, and lived to regret it!

I sold my 1991 33 1.7 16v S (137bhp) and bought a 1992 Tipo 2.0 16v sedicivalvole (148bhp)

It was a good car, slightly more room inside than a 33 but the engine was very different to drive than the 33, (less revvy, more torque) the engines develop oil leaks often, there is less driving pleasure, the handling is not so good as you are in a higher driving position, the insurance is more expensive. The seating also gave me back problems as suspension and seating is hard, and there is not much room between seat cushion and the roof. (I am 1.83m tall)

I never had any back trouble when driving my 33s!

5 months later (and 8 visits to the physiotherapist) my back is nearly better - I don't intend to 'bad mouth' the sedicivalvole as the next owner was very pleased when I gave hin the keys, but I will be driving my very soft peugeot 406 for a year or so before I look for another 33. (I'll be looking for the newest 8v 33 that is available here in the UK)

Adam H
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum