Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Leaking Sunroof on 1990 16V QV

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Leaking Sunroof on 1990 16V QV Reply with quote

Hi Everyone.

I have a leaking sunroof on my 33 16v, and have tried to find this but cannot, are there any common causes of this, and does anyone know where you can get a new rubber seal for the sunroof?

Kind Regards

Ross
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You probably can get the seals (is it an original Alfa sunroof?). However I would firstly suspect the the drain holes are blocked at the corners of the sunroof

Hope it isnt the problem we had with a 75 where the steel had rusted though around the windscreen under the seal, which we though was the sunroof for ages. Suspect it was someone making a mess of changing a windscreen in the past

All the best

Keith
johne
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: leaking sunroof Reply with quote

Hello Ross and all,
To fix my roof a couple of years ago, I removed the sunroof, took off the perimeter seal, seperated the glass from its carrying frame (its held on by mastic and the seal). Then cleaned everything up, re-masticked the glass to its frame (it's a good idea to take a few measurements before you take it to bits Embarassed ) and put the old seal back on with more mastic - and filled up the gap between the ends of the seal with even more mastic. During this process (which took about 2 1/2 hours) I found that water had got between the frame and the glass by going under the seal - which was why I took it apart. I hope that as Keith suggests that the solution to your problem is easier - another possible entry point is the roof mounted ariel.
IIRC the Alfa dealer price for the seal was £25 or so - you can buy a lot of mastic for £25!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: