Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Lowered Springs advice

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slimboystew
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Lowered Springs advice Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I've got a pair of front PI lowered springs which are for 83-90 33's. Is there any reason why I can't fit these to my 91 P4?? Also would it be recommended/required to fit new dampers and get the tracking checked after fitting?

Cheers

Stewart
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If you have a look at the dodgy icon above that looks vaguely like a spring you will find a link to a page on suspension spring rate. Hopefully that should give you a few more ideas

All the best

Keith
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: One good reason not to fit Pi springs.... Reply with quote

I had a mate of mine fit the correct 33mk3 16V springs to his road car, and within 6 months one had snapped!!! It has tainted my opinion of Pi I'm afraid.

I have never heard anything bad about Eibach, quite the contrary, and I have fitted then to my 91 P4. Due to problems sourcing valves (something about 8mm bigger than standard being awkward to source or something stupid!!!) it is still not on the road, so I can't give my own opinions on the springs. However anyone who has them fitted tends to swear by them.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you lower the car it afects the camber angle (not adjustable) and front tyres will wear quickly on the inside.

Mine was lowered 35mm handled great but ate tyres well under 10k per front set.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: