Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

New owner requires parts help

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: New owner requires parts help Reply with quote

hi there,

I've just bought a 1992 Permanent 4, only problem is I am told that some solenoid or other is knackered and needs replacing, so at the moment its solely 2 wheel drive. At first it was suspected that a relay was knacked but it turns out that its a solenoid. Does this sound correct? Also, if this is correct, whats the part, where do I get it, and how much will it cost me.

One final thing, I'm wanting to put a different (louder) exhaust on it, at the moment its the completely standard system thats on it, so I would like to put something a bit more free flowing on, to hopefully release a little bit more power and make it sound a bit better. Again, Whats the best one, Who makes one, where would I get it, and how much would it cost me.

Thanks in advance,

New Boy
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get hold of an exhaust I have a stainless centre and rear box for a P4 which I might sell. It has a straight through centre so is very loud which is why I took it off and would need careful fitting to a front manifold to make sure there was no leakage.
P4 Paul
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you are looking for is a tooth mesh sensor,which sits between the engine and gearbox,its part number is 60578048,its classed as a coil.
try alfashop on 01603 426277,if i remember rightly its about 15 quid +postage.
As far as exhaust systems go,you wont get a performance exhaust off the shelf as they just don't make them for p4's.best to get one made.
Hope this helps?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: