Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

The worst happened, me and the33 had a very serious accident

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: The worst happened, me and the33 had a very serious accident Reply with quote

Hi guys, well i just came home. Alfa's completely smashed, im ok just a few bruises and a cut head, but life is still here. So this is what happened, i was driving on a big road with about 50km/h and then all of a sudden out of nowhere popped out a Scoda Octavia taxi car doing maybe 70-80 behind a triangle and BAM straight into me.Well luckily im alive, and i had two passengers in teh back they're also alive. And everybody in the taxi is alive. My alfa is completely smashed, the officer that came to the situation told me that I basically saved my life, since i noticed the car right before it hit me and managed to turn a bit to the left so that its front hit my right side. Otherwise i would have continued straight into it, and could have flown out of the window, which would have been a sure death. Now the car is in the insurance garage, and they'll take a look at it on monday and tell me how much the damage is worth and how much i will receive. But i'm also pressing charges on the taxi driver (who was a russian woman) since i had a couple of mild concusions.anyways guys i just really really want to make a point here that no matter how good of a driver u are your life is not in your hands, which sucks. But god bless the situation, because i had two of my friends who at least one of them always and i mean ALWAYS sits in the passenger seat, but this time he chose to ride in the back, and the blow was so hard that the front passanger would have been dead since the blow managed to squash my whole right front part, basically when i came to my senses i noticed that the right door was halfway to the passenger seat..well guys thats pretty much the whole story, just thank god that im alive, and well in the best case i might get some good money out of this, in the worst i'll get some lousy 500eur for my car, even though i was selling it for 4000eur...
but at least im alive, Kittens the money...
Sad Sad Sad This was just the first time i was in a real accident and damn...i dont know what to say..anyway comments from u guys will really b helpful at this point, thanx
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your 33. =(
I crashed my previous car into the back of somebody when they suddenly stopped to avoid getting involved in another car's near-accident up ahead. This was the damage: http://www.axys.co.nz/ben/CRASH2.JPG
The car still ran OK (I drove it like that until the WOF ran out) but the crash freaked me out for a day or so. Now whenever somebody suddenly stops infront of me and I get close to hitting them, I get a bit jumpy because I'm reminded of that accident.
If I hadn't crashed that Mitsubishi, though, I'd still be driving it and wouldn't have my Alfa. Sometimes that's even a good thing! Wink
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimp_Dudu since you are ok nothing else matters.You will be able to buy another car but you cant do anything if something bad happend to you.I have been involded in a similar accident like yours (the other driver didnt stop at the stop and landed on me) and i know the feeling.Anyway get some rest ,the following days you probably have more pains but it will go away.Start thinking about your new car Wink
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Sorry to hear about this. Glad you are all okay. Not alot you can do in that situation. Shit does happen sometimes. Humans unfortunately make mistakes, sometimes big ones. Guess you're in a bit of shock. I reckon once you're back on your feet, you'll be a little edgy at first nearing similar road situations? but after a while you'll be fine. At least that's how I felt after my only accident. For me, it made me appreciate things a bit more, like life for instance. Yeah, focus on the fact that you're okay and what new car you're going to get. Commiserations on the old car, Paul.
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please accept my sympathy for getting over this bad situation. As Bill said all that matters is human life - yours and your two friends ; all the others are being more or less fixed but life not.

Have some good rest and you 'll be fine.

About the car just don't give a dime about it. I know that all of us have a psychological connection with our cars but it is not worth it if it has been involved in this life-death relation.

Wish all my best from my heart

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
Mixsynth
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked to hear about this. It's amazing to think how much we depend on the skill of other drivers, despite how good we may be ourselves. Thank heavens you and your passengers were OK.

A couple of years ago I was driving behind two mates of mine in a Rover 216 convertible when they lost it on a bend and hit a tree. As with you, the impact was offset to the right so the car spun round back into the road, but if it had been head-on, the outcome would have been much worse.

I'm really glad my current car has an airbag. I'm not sure just how much extra protection these afford me in such collisions as yours but I know that the risk is lessened. Maybe that's another good reason to get a newer car.
16V conversion pics/videos - now updated with extra pictures and explanations
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny i should mention airbag, cuz the car that hit me was a 2002 skoda octavia with airbags, and 4 safety stars. Well the car's airbags hadn't come on!!!!Even though the car's whole front was squashed, and the dashboard and front window was smashed the airbags didnt come out??!!?!but anyways, today's a new day...and i just realized the bruises i received yesterday, turns out my shin had ripped, and my leg is really bruised...but anyways im still thinking more bout my car and what to do now.most probably ill end up pressing charges on the driver. but lets see today is saturday, and i gotta call the insurance company on monday. till i have no clue what to do...and no the bad part is that i gotta start searching for a new alfa...and its almsot impossible to find a good alfa here
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimp_Dudu wrote:
funny i should mention airbag, cuz the car that hit me was a 2002 skoda octavia with airbags, and 4 safety stars. Well the car's airbags hadn't come on!!!!Even though the car's whole front was squashed, and the dashboard and front window was smashed the airbags didnt come out??!!?!

Airbags only trigger when they are really required as they are quite capable of inflicting injuries themselves (broken arms commonly).

Still, I am surprised they did not trigger with the damage you describe.

All the best

Keith
RFlower
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Really sorry to hear about your accident, but at least you and your passengers are alright.

Unfortunately the price you pay for protection in modern cars is the car crumples to save the people inside. Not so good for fixing the car though.
If your insurance co. writes it off you should have first option to buy it back from them at a low price. If you have somewhere to put it, at least you could use some of the parts you have spent so much time and money on when you get another. You should also hold out for enough cash from the other driver's insurance to buy an equivalent condition car, if you manage to find one. If they don't offer enough tell them you want [/u]your car repaired.
Dick Flower, Nr. Carcassonne. '94 Trofeo 1.4 ie (F), '93 Imola 1.3/1.4 ie (now for breaking) (F), '91 1.7 ie (GB)(spare car), '86 Sprint 1.5 QV (F). '87 VW Syncro camper (F), '73 NSU Ro80 (F), '99 Fiat Seicento (F)
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys well here's the pics of my car.Just check the tire out, and the right door has been pulled out again, but it was literally inside the passanger compartment
http://www.club60.org/album_page.php?pic_id=3874&sid=e1296fc44821a8d97bf57b411ff3ffe9

hope this shows
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Shocked quite a bad mess! probably the chassis in the passenger co-passenger area has been bent... also the front suspension looks very bad.

However things are not that bad IF the chassis has not been bent from the crash-with enough money though this can be fixed.
It will show on the inspection of the car by the insurance - but it would not be a bad idea to have it checked from a mechanic of yours.

It's a shame for this to happen...

Again my sympathy,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is terrible! Was the Skoda speeding? It's good that you are all ok, but having an accident in such an Alfa (at the moment) is tricky with insurance. Here in NL the car would be written off, and I know that the money received would never be able to 'buy back the same car' - both emotionally and condition-wise. Despite this, I hope that it works out ok for you tomorrow.

Take care, and best wishes for the future. I hope that you will still drive an Alfa!
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pimp_Dudu,

those are the kind of things you hope that never happen to you... The most important is that you and the other persons involved are ok.

Take care.

Marcin
Wizz
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god!
I'm so relieved that you are all okay, that's the most important part.
Best of luck with the Alfa and the insurance company guys. Confused
ak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate,
sorry to hear about the crash..

If it is a write-off dont expect much from the actual value of the car, due to the value they are giving to 33s.
The only thing that might give you some cash will be the actual mileage.

If the mileage is low for the car you ll get good cash (this is how it works in the uk).

If you see it from positive side, you & your mates are ok and you might get the chance to buy a better 33/155/75..
Laki
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck man...Hoping you get some $$$ out of it and get your self new 33 Very Happy
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dudu. If it makes you feel any better, I got hit by a Maxda 323 last month. My 33 was going like 20km/h coming to a complete stop when that asshole whcked into my rear. Car got catapulted 15metres off the road and mounted two curbs. I was thankful I didn't hit anyone.

Stupid mazda went on to hit another WRX.
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serpent33 wrote:
Hey Dudu. If it makes you feel any better, I got hit by a Maxda 323 last month. My 33 was going like 20km/h coming to a complete stop when that asshole whcked into my rear. Car got catapulted 15metres off the road and mounted two curbs. I was thankful I didn't hit anyone.

Stupid mazda went on to hit another WRX.

hehe well serpent i dont think it makes anybody feel better when they hear about other's crashes..especially when it involves another alfa33...but thanx anyways, and i hope u were ok at least
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum