Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Rear Suspension

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Rear Suspension Reply with quote

Hi from Greece,

I would like to replace the gaskets which are located among the various joints in the rear suspension (s3 1.4 IE catalyst). These are round shaped made of a spongy material. My alfa dealer told me that i will need 16 pieces. The problem is that those fitted by the factory have been worn and more half are not present; as a consequence sometimes the rear section of the car is knocking.
My question is: Will I need to load the car with 50-100 kg in order not to tune off the silent blocks? The workshop manual indicates that i should apply a preloading adjustment (static load).
I will need to unbolt the front and rear tie rods (both ends).
Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

Thanassis Gritsopoulos
Athens - Greece
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Think there are 10 bushes in the rear suspension, one at each of the the suspension arms. Unless you mean the rubber washers that were sometimes fitted (and which nobody seems to both refitting).

Think the bit about loading the back of the car is to reset the rear brake bias valve. Hopefully to just replace the bushes you would not need to touch that

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: