Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Fuel-level indicator problems.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maze123
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Fuel-level indicator problems. Reply with quote

I have a problem with my fuel-level indicator. Instead of just acting "normally crazy" as it does in the series 2 33's, Very Happy it goes from empty to full and back again several times. As if there is a bad connection, or something similar. Sometimes the needle stucks at app. 3/4 full and stays there even during braking and accelerating - and as you know, thats not normal in a series 2!! Wink

I have checked all wires and connections, but found nothing wrong there, so I think it's the sensor (dont know if thats the right word) in the fueltank. My question is then, will a sensor from a series 3 fit in a series 2? I suppose they arent 100% similar, as the fuel-level indicator in the series 3 doesn't move during braking and acceleration...
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel-level indicator problems. Reply with quote

Maze123 wrote:
I suppose they arent 100% similar, as the fuel-level indicator in the series 3 doesn't move during braking and acceleration...

For sure it does! At least mine does Confused

Marcin
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My series III has a built in 'variable' fuel meter too!

I thought they were all like that!
Maze123
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the P4 from which I got my 16v didn't! I though it was like that in all series 3 models.. Confused

I think I will try to find a way to delay the signal or something like that. It must be possible to make it more calm! Very Happy Not that it actually matters, but if I'm going to change the sensor anyway, I'll try to figure out something...Ideas are welcome..! Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum