Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

putting front koni's

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: putting front koni's Reply with quote

Hi !

I've just finished installing new front koni sport on my alfa 33. If anyone did it, can you tell me if you had problems with that screw that holds the shock and the housing (old shock) together (on the bottom of the housing)?
Mine is unscrewing when I drive on bumpy roads.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fitted yellow koni's to my 16V. There is an aluminium spacer/washer and then another locking washer as well to fit. You need to torque the bolt up to about 80-90 Nm as per the instructions. Then check the torque a week later. I have not had any problems. Rolling Eyes
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Should I check the torque when the shock is mounted on the car and loaded or do I have to remove the shock from the car?
Does it make any difference?

btw. How much did you stiffen your shocks? I have OMP lowered springs and I've stiffened the shocks 1 half turn. How can I tell if the rebound is to stiff or to weak?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted should be fine, with the wheels under load.

All round are 1/3 turn, although I'm thinking of givin the rear a bit of a tweak.

I'm no professional when it comes to setting the car up, but if the rebound is too much, you will have the car diving under bumpy ground. This is because the the shock does not have time to return to its normal position before being depressed further from the next bump.

I remember reading about setting the car shocks up on a web site, but can't remember the address.

Setting the front and rear correctly can be difficult and it also depends on the drivers preference.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum