Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Replacing kat by group N exhaust

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Replacing kat by group N exhaust Reply with quote

I'm planning to remove my kat (and rest of the exhaust till rear) and replace it by a OMP group N. I had that on my ie 8V and it worked very good, but now I'm doubting the effects on the 16V kat engine. Does anybody have any experience with replacing kats by sports exhausts that work well?

Regards!

Paul D.
P4 Paul
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: EXHAUST Reply with quote

I think you may have problems when you take it in for its mot?,due to it no longer having a cat,depends what year it is as well.certainly check up before hand!!!
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: EXHAUST Reply with quote

P4 Paul wrote:
I think you may have problems when you take it in for its mot?,due to it no longer having a cat,depends what year it is as well.certainly check up before hand!!!

if your good friends with the MOT'er no problem Wink

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
alfistjen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: MOT not important ;-D Reply with quote

I'd keep the original exhaust with kat-converter to go to mot (eventhough I'll first try with the sports exhaust Cool ) In therms of emissions it should pass the test I've heared. Noise and having no kat nomore could be pleasing them less offcourse...
What I'd like to know is if the engine likes the open exhaust systems comming from a kat-exhaust. Worked very fine on my 8V but I'm new to the 16V (certainly katted ones) and don't really have experience on exhaust influence on these engines?

Regards!

Paul D.
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't make that much difference with the MOT - especially if you're in the UK. I'd still do the MOT with the cat fitted, though.
El Guapo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Lambda sensor Reply with quote

Greetings, i've heard that the 16valve can give a number of spurious faults if the lambda sensor is disconnected. whichever exhaust you fit be sure to keep the sensor in the circuit
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: