Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

April: Sydney Car Run

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: April: Sydney Car Run Reply with quote

OK We are having a car run in Sydney this Sunday 13/04/03. We are leaving from the old Berowra Toll gates, north of the city. Then down thru Wiseman’s ferry and then on to a mystery destination. It is expected to go for about 3 hours and then stop for lunch (BYO) and a chat. The intention is to be home in time to watch the V8’s run on TV.

I know some time ago some people posted about having a run on the old site. So come along, bring whatever car you drive.

The only thing is you must be aware of the speed limit on the road. No HOONS. Twisted Evil

There is NO affiliation to any car club, just a group of people having a drive. So you don’t have to be a member of a car club. Saying that there will be people from the ALFA Owners club there, me being one of them.

So be there at 6:30AM for a 7:00AM start. Sorry I’m not organising it so I did not set the time. Confused

Come along, hope to have a great time. I’ll be the one with the Metallic Slate Grey 33 16V.

Shocked Remember this is NOT a club event. And you are expected to observe the road rules. Shocked

Last edited by Scott Sander on Thu May 01, 2003 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey scott ! ill try my very best to come but 630 am??? thats damn early for any day of the week let alone a sunday!!! Razz ill try to drag myself out of bed and bring the 16v along but im a little embarrassed to drive seeing its a bit smashed up ( not my fault ) and also i must obey the speed limit seeing im a P plater with only 1 point left Wink Also how many people do you definetly know are coming?
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errol,

Definite numbers, I don't know. But there should be at least a dozen if not more going on what has happened on other occasions. These events are normally better publicised and therefore you can expect 30 or so cars on these occasions.

Yeah I know it's early, but to make it home in time to watch the V8's you have to start early.

How badly damaged is your 16V? When did that happen?
Errol
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its still driveable but the right front bumper is snapped, headlight and indicator smashed and its all scratched very bad. ITs a $2,100 job which i am getting done these holidays. This accident happened about 4months ago now and i havent got it fixed because the guy who hit me said he would so i had to wait ages for him to pay.

The story goes liek this: i was near burwood turning on to parramatta rd and patiently waiting to go in and then a shitbox charade comes around the corner , crosses the otherside and smahsed into my right front. My intial worry was is this guy going to stop? He ended up stoping 50m a up the road and he was on the fone straight away then 5 of his ' buddies ' turn up. The first thing he said was not to call the cops and he would pay for everything. So i accepted.. this happended 31st decemebr and its now april 10 and i have somehow squeezed $1200 out of him!

So my alfa is a bit damaged and doesnt look that good.. Sad ! Plus i dont think i can make it this sunday.. sorry scott! Next time ill definetly come ! Smile
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errol,

Next time, call the cops. Unless you have a good reason not to. He must have had a reason not to like DUI or no licence or would lose it, etc.

They most likely would not have come out if no one was injured. But then you can go down to the cop shop and file a report.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: