Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Wanted: 1.7 crank

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sud 35
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Wanted: 1.7 crank Reply with quote

Hi,

looking for a 1.7 crankshaft. Preferably in Australia.

Thanks.
Jason.
Matt C
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: what for? Reply with quote

for a 1.7 twin carb or a 1.7 ie? i im sure the ie has cross drilled oil galleries in the crank. not sure about the twin carb variant.
Btw i have a 1.7 ie crank but it is attached to an engine. i may consider seperating it at the right price.
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's for a 16V, but the series 2 1.7ie and carb use the same crank, part number 60755020.
sud 35
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: what for? Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

How much for the block & crank?
Thanks, Jason.

Matt C wrote:
for a 1.7 twin carb or a 1.7 ie? i im sure the ie has cross drilled oil galleries in the crank. not sure about the twin carb variant.
Btw i have a 1.7 ie crank but it is attached to an engine. i may consider seperating it at the right price.
Matt C
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry dude!

sold the complete engine for $1600
chuckb
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted: 1.7 crank Reply with quote

sud 35 wrote:
Hi,

looking for a 1.7 crankshaft. Preferably in Australia.

Thanks.
Jason.

I have an 8v 1.7 engine in an '85 Sprint body with a dead clutch slave cylinder, so it'd have to be towed to you.., but.. the engine is in quite good condition, was rebuilt less than 40,000km ago and has no running issues (except doesn't get run regularly enough). The rest of the vehicle is average to poor condition.

I have to move the vehicle pronto due to parking restrictions in Melbourne - if you're interested, message me.

In the past in other vehicles I have had to buy a spare engine to get a crank - the price for the crank (new) from Beninca's in Melbourne is ~$2100, and you can get a spare engine for ~$1500 (perhaps with carbs, perhaps without. Mine was without).

I'd really like to find a series 1 (late '77 preferably) Sud, have the firewall and other problem areas welded up and build a tractor torque 1.7 sud as I have had previously, but life doesn't always work out the way you want.

Thus, the engine requires a good home! It'll go relatively cheap - and you get to keep all the other spares, including a pair of Sud-suitable Koni Sports (yellows) (not suitable for 33/late-Sprint struts).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to a 33 breaker in the UK and get it sent via Sea mail to u. You will not pay silly Aus bucks I would recon £50 ($150) tops plus postage.

A Mint Series 3 in the UK would go for well under $3000 more like $2250 (£750)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> For Sale & Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: