Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Panelwork and body cracks

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Panelwork and body cracks Reply with quote

I'm taking my s2 33 to a panelbeater/car painter soon to have some painting and rust done. The body of the car is cracking where the rubber flaps are around the holes that the steering arms go through:
http://www.axys.co.nz/ben/alfa33/CRACK.JPG
Are there any special steps I should get them to take when dealing with this crack? Has anybody fitted bracing bars like on the series 3 models to try to reinforce the car?

Anyone in Auckland, New Zealand have an s1/2 bonnet for sale?

Tonight it's raining, so I crawled around in my boot with a torch and found the water leaks - both bottom corners of the rear window. And there's rust there (hooray!) Rolling Eyes
It reminded me of an article in a 1984 car magazine I recently purchased: "I am ashamed of my own perversity. From the moment I first tried to get comfortable behind the Alfa's beautiful steering wheel, I knew that this car had far too many faults to take seriously. But that's the price you pay for choosing an Alfa. The damnable part about it is, I probably would.
Despite everything."
"My favourite of the five was the GTV6. It has enough quirks to make you realise you're carrying on a tremendous love/hate relationship with it. If you're an Alfa lover you're already familiar with the indecision of whether to kiss or kick the car. But it's just wonderful to drive."
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a love-hate Alfa relationship; mind you I've never had any serious trouble.
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've never had a love-hate Alfa relationship; mind you I've never had any serious trouble.

Thanks to that rain, I spent 20 minutes trying to start my 33 this morning. I almost didn't get it going, and I was late to work, and on the way I found that if I braked enough, water came out from by the rear view mirror. Plus in the damp weather the steering wheel goes sticky and black stuff comes off it. ;p
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_nz wrote:
Quote:

Thanks to that rain, I spent 20 minutes trying to start my 33 this morning. I almost didn't get it going, and I was late to work, and on the way I found that if I braked enough, water came out from by the rear view mirror. Plus in the damp weather the steering wheel goes sticky and black stuff comes off it. ;p

Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: