Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

33 16v S Permanent 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: 33 16v S Permanent 4 Reply with quote

Anyone know how many series 3 P4s there are in Britain? Question Got mine going recently. Chipped, K&N filter, lowered springs, recaro interior and rather too loud stainless exhaust. Excellent handling round bends and in the wet. Laughing Laughing 4WD doesn't like full lock. Is this normal? (it's not the PAS) Everytime I start up there is a slight clattering sound underneath, like the propshaft is hitting the exhaust, but this disappears very quickly. And lastly there is a whine from the back just like when a wheel bearing is going though it's not wheel bearings as it only happens in 4WD. Anyone any ideas? (I've always in the past changed from 2ED to 4WD with engine off.) Amusingly in 2WD mode I get sparks jumping from coil/leads like a bad earth, but in 4WD it's fine. Solution Idea - forget 2WD, what's the point? Saving fuel vs big smile on face in the corners. Very Happy Cool
Lastly anyone on this site with a red J reg P4 in Brighton last Tues. Question
Cool
Took engine/gearbox out of my series two on my own in 4hrs and put it all back in 5hrs which I'm very pleased about.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There are not that many P4s around. The P4 (as standard) has no switch to go from 4wd to 2wd mode.

The thumping from under the car when you are on full lock is fairly normal.

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum