Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Gearbox rear mount

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matty Dog
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Gearbox rear mount Reply with quote

I am going through the procedure of putting a Series 2 33 back on the road after the previous owner allowed the registration to lapse.
In New Zealand, this involves a thorough check of the car by a Vehicle Testing Station.
On my first attempt, he car failed on several minor items, which are really only an afternoon's tinkering.

HOWEVER, one of the items they failed the car on is the gearbox rear mount, which they said is completely flogged-out.
Those who have had the boxer motor in and out will know all about balancing the motor on the top-mount so the stabiliser bar sits in the middle of the hole in the rear mount and that this is how it is meant to be.

The testing station guys are happy to accept this too.......if I can prove it. They said they will pass it if I can show them a page from a manual showing that this is not a flogged-out bush, but they way Alfa Romeo intended it. Alternatively, I could produce a letter from my mechanic.

My mechanic is me and my mate. Both pen-pushers by day.
I've looked at some manuals on the net and all I can find is a manual for a 33 series 1 that really doesn't help my cause.

Any one know of any online resources where I might find some information to placate the bureaucrats at the Testing Station?

Thanks,
Matthew
'90 33 Series 2 16V

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Rear engine bush Reply with quote

Hi

Could You call a local alfa mechanic who knows, and ask him to call the station.
I have pictures of the bush setting in book, but no scanner Sad

TimoJ
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The series 2 manuals are really just supplements to the series one. They are very similar cars.

All the best

Keith
Matty Dog
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.

I was kindly e-mailed a scanned page from a manual giving me all the right info.

I now have a road-legal 33 and can set about driving it illegally!

Matthew
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum