Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Front wheel alignment

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rallyboy77
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Front wheel alignment Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does anyone know what a single turn of one of the tie-rods ends is supposed to equat to in "toe" terms? (i.e. how many mm's will the toe change with one turn). I was once told it was a mm a turn but have not found this to be so in practise, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

The car is a series 3 Alfasud... Wink

regards,
jeremy

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: front wheel alignment Reply with quote

Hi on my series 2 1.7 33, 1 turn = 1.5mm/dergees eg 1 turn on both sides = toe in/out by 3 deg/mm
BigAl
P4

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was me above, just signed up
Black Vegetable
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Alignment Reply with quote

I don't think measuring and alingning your wheels by yourself is such a good idea.... Getting them aligned by a professional is fairly cheap, and then you can be sure the angles are correct. I crashed my 33 and had to replace the lower suspension arm and the end of the steering rod. I thought the angles were fine after doing a few measurements, but (surprise!) they weren't. That adventure cost me a pair of front tires.... Rolling Eyes A complete alignment would have cost only 30 euros.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: