Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Car appears to be "tilted"?!?!?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Car appears to be "tilted"?!?!? Reply with quote

Hi ppl,

Looking at the rear of my 33IE, it appears to be tilted (i.e. the left side of the car at the back looks lower than the right side). Shocked

I know the strut pan bearing on the front, on that side has "collapsed", but I'm not sure this would cause such an obvious tilt at the rear.

Perhaps the springs have lost their "springiness" - Perhaps the car is bent?!?!?!?

How would I find out?! Any ideas folks?!?!?

Thanks!

Rob
alfistjen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: tilted alfa's Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

wouldn't let sleeping for that problem, I think I'll still haven't seen one 33 that stands perfectly level to the tarmac. They all seem to have that problems, even lot's of other older models. I've tried switching the springs, made sure the spring-discs where identical, everyting, and still.... You get used to that kind a things after a while I suppose.

Regards!

Paul D.
Daimon7
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob

I guess your car is RHD sooo, with you siting in the driver seat it should be all level Laughing

actually mine is LHD and is level when empty, but tilts left with me in it (98kg)
Embarassed

a 33 1.7 16V + T4 + too many things to list - 1****eu = 350hp and many many people wondering why a 360 modena can`t shake off that weird looking, 17" rimmed, red, 11 year old bucket
alfistjen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: same here Reply with quote

car is also LHD and me myself just not putting 0.1 tons on the scale (and 2m long). It's an alfa's charactaristic we'll just have to deal with.... Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: