Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Gear linkage parts

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martini
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Gear linkage parts Reply with quote

Hi all!
My gear linkage fell apart on the highway this morning Shocked .I was left e with 4th or 5th gear but I made it through two roundabouts to a gas station parking! Does anyone now if I can refit and lock the linkage nearest the box with standard washers etc?

Regards
Martin
loui
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proper washers and spring clip can be had at the Alfa Dealer for about £1.50 in the uk.

Failing that a washer, spring washer and a spring clip can be used.
The spring clip is similar to the one on the accellerator linkage that holds the throttle cable. Star locking washer will also do the job.
ZeNiTh-PbArM
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

i suppose the clip (6) has gone off, the washers (7,8,9) too, and perhaps the rubber bushing (11).

it's easily repairable whit what you have, i once repaired with fairly standard items : a piece of fuel rubber hose will replace the bushing (electrical tape can be used, too), a standard washer fits fine, and the clip can be replaced with some wire (in my case, barb wire found on the road side, but without the barb...)
happy repairs

regards,
zp
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: