Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

how to read engine number(code)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: how to read engine number(code) Reply with quote

I want to replace the block of my alfa 33 1.3 4x4 '90. I found similar one but i don't know will it fit especially i don't know if it is possible ot attach the power steering to it. So, can someone tell me how to read the code (if it is possible) so that i can understand if it will fit. (i have both mine and the oone i found in the shop).

Thanks
Vassil
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Should be straighforward Reply with quote

In order to get power stering to fit, surely it is just an issue of transferring the 3 way pulley from the end of your old engine to the new one. I presume you will be transferring everything else anyway (crank pistons etc), so it is not a problem.

If you have both, just compare bolt holes/fixing points etc. As long as the block has the same bore to take the 1.3 pistons, it should be a straightforward transfer.

I would recomend fitting new bearings and gaskets, as a minimum, when building the new engine. Also new cam belts and tensioners.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the older ones don't have holes for the bolts and i think it is hard to make them. However, the block that i found seems to be OK i will ask a mechanic to see it thou but i'm pretty sure it will fit. for the things you recommend - Smile i already did that (except for the cam belts which i changed recently)

Still if someone knows something more please share it with me
Vassil
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum