Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Oil pressure light

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave_NZ
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Oil pressure light Reply with quote

I have just been reading through the topic on oil filters and i am a little worried. I use a Fiaam oil filter and my oil pressure light doesn't come on at startup at all. What could be causing this. Is it a faulty pressure sender or is it something to do with the filter.

Thanks

Dave
ChrisC
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Oil pressure warning light Reply with quote

Blown bulb Smile

It should only come on when you turn the key to the first position. If the cars running and you have an oil pressure warning light, that is a very bad thing. oh yes.
Alfa 33 1.7 16v
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also worried about the oil presssure , but the thing that really worries me, is when i startup the engine , there's a sound that similar to the sound of engine with cranckshaft knoking , it appears about 2,3 seconds and then stops knocking .

i have been told to change my oil filter to the original one

the car is Alfa 33 1.7 16v (new engine) and i'm not using original oil filter.

sorry about the poor english

Thanks

Gidon
rjbevan
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Oil Pressure Light Reply with quote

Having started the oil filter thread, I thought I had better give a reply! I noticed that my light wasn't working and found it was the wire connection at the switch. You can test the bulb by disconnecting the wire from the switch on the block (on my 1.5 8V, the switch is above the oil filter but don't get confused with the temperature sensor which on my engine is adjacent to the filter) and with the ignition on (but with the engine off) earth the faston connector to the engine block and the light should come on. If the light comes on suspect the switch (but it may only need the cleaning of the connector as they can get corroded - this was the fault with my car) and if the light doesn't come on then try changing the bulb (but don't ask me how to change the bulb!).

Hope the above is of use.

Regards

Richard
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: