Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Electric window buttons...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorik
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Electric window buttons... Reply with quote

Hey fellow Alfisti,

it's been a while since I've posted here but all is well and the 33 and me are snoring (boxersound) up and down the dutch highways everyday again. Last year I fitted the Recaro P4 interior into my series 2 33. A perfect fit and it really sits and looks great. Only 'problem' lies in the electric window buttons in the door...cosmetic problem that is... The series 2 33 has the window buttons on the gearlever console, I'd like to keep them there, now with the series 3 interior I also have the buttons on the armrests in the doors...Who out there can help me with a plate to fit instead of the electricwindow buttons in the door. In Holland all 33's had front electric windows...maybe not in Italy or Greece? Who can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
http://home.planet.nl/~koper193/index.html
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Most probably they had you wrongly informed! Also in my country all s3 33s were equipped with electric windows Wink

What you can do is to take out the rear armrests from a scrapyard and fit them in the front - or cut a piece from it and stick it to the front.

Anyway, you have done a good work !

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just pull the rear trim off a scapped car. They are exactly the same shape, and you'll normally be able to get them for free. Look out whilst taking the parts off, as the snap-fit tags could break and the plastic can easily be damaged with a screwdriver.
Maze123
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorik, how did you fit the door-sides from the series 3?? I've tried, but it seems like there are some holes missing in the series 2 doors for the door-handles. Do you have to drill these 3 (I think) holes yourself?

Regards
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maze,

I had this on my series 2 car with a 3 series interior in it. When I took the door card off the door there were 3 clever captive threaded inserts that the 3 bolts screwed into. I have not seen these before but I was told by someone they are not too difficult to get from a good auto parts supplier. You drill the door in the appropriate place and tap them in and then you can screw a bolt or whatever into them. I guess use a felt tip through the door handle to mark the corrrect position before drilling.

Good luck.

Edward.
Maze123
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward,

I'm not sure of what a clever captive threaded insert is, but I think I know what you mean. Do you have a picture of such one..?

Regards
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum