Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Alfa Owners Club events

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> UK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JF

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Alfa Owners Club events Reply with quote

Hi

Just picking up from another comment - I think I am right in saying that all AROC events are open to non-club members - as one of the reasons for them is that they want new members to join!

I think the full events listings is on the AROC UK website, and accessible to non-members (there is a members only forum there too, but not as good as this one! (doesn't have the breadth of worldwide experience to draw upon, etc)). And that includes local meetings, not just the big events.

Regards James F
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The large meets are open to non members. The small local meets may be, but that will pretty much be down to who organises it.

All the best

Keith
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been along to a few AROC events, in the South West tho', and wont go to another. Way to much of a clique, and wasnt made at all welcome.

JF

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: aroc meetings Reply with quote

Hi

That's a real pity - the ones I have experience of are Derbyshire which was quite cliquey the first time and I nearly didn't go back, but then there was a change of personnel and it was okay after that. The other good group was / is Yorkshire who are great, much recommended. My 'local' group are hopeless mind you (lincolnshire) and I don't bother with them.

Anyway, just my experiences!

Regards, James F
foxenhole2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Aroc clique Reply with quote

Dreamracer - I hope it wasn't the monthly Devon pub meet you found cliquey. All are welcome - if you become a regular we may wave an AROC membership form at some point.
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just organised a treasure trail for the Sussex Coast section for Thurs evening sept 9th between Hassocks and Barcombe and anyone owning an Alfa (especially a 33) is welcome to join in. The trail should take 50 min. and you may need a torch, a navigator and probably a road map. Anyone interested let me know. Smile Wink
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Aroc clique Reply with quote

foxenhole2 wrote:
Dreamracer - I hope it wasn't the monthly Devon pub meet you found cliquey. All are welcome - if you become a regular we may wave an AROC membership form at some point.

Was about 2 years ago at the South West meet at Sherborne Castle.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> UK All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: