Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

MANUAL

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: MANUAL Reply with quote

Hello everybody
I have the Special edition Alfa 33 (105hp) with dual carburators.
It's pretty good but needs some repairs
I am still not very familiar with it and i do want to make the adjustments myself
So for that reason i need some kind of detailed manual describing how to desemble the car and how to assemble it again after that!
So please if anyone have some information about this or knows a site from where i can download some pdf files or something
I would be very grateful
I would appreciate any advices about that model that you can give me
Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in the 8th icon at the top of this page for manual sources
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some manuals at
http://www.alfasprint.com.ru/downloads.php
Or if you can understand the language, there's more at
http://www.cuoresportivo.pl/__stare33/33_dok.html
You could also try picking up a second hand copy of the Haynes workshop manual for the Alfasud.. The later copies of this Haynes manual have a supplement covering the Alfa Sprint, which is mechanically closer to the 33 than the Alfasud is.
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help
I really appreciate it!
What do you think about the car as a whole??
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Badly designed, badly made, rusty and unreliable. Wink
If you like cars though, you'll like the 33 because of its special character.
Your car sounds like it has a 1.5 engine, and is either a series 1 green or gold cloverleaf model, or a series 2 'ti' model. Grooviest is the series 1 gold cloverleaf, with voltage and oil pressure gauges, trip computer and Alfa Control to keep you entertained. =)
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_nz wrote:
Quote:

Badly designed, badly made, rusty and unreliable. Wink
If you like cars though, you'll like the 33 because of its special character.
Your car sounds like it has a 1.5 engine, and is either a series 1 green or gold cloverleaf model, or a series 2 'ti' model. Grooviest is the series 1 gold cloverleaf, with voltage and oil pressure gauges, trip computer and Alfa Control to keep you entertained. =)

In fact you are right, except i do not think it is badly designed.
Actually it has a 1.5 engine. It is a 1985 (or 1987) model with a clover put next to the 33 sign on the back. I think it has some sort of tunning because of the German signs but i may be wrong.
It has the strangest front left door. I cannot find similar handle to replace mine because it is kind of broken!
The engine is awesome. Never heard one that sounds like that! I've driven Alfa 155 and i am sure it does not have the same acceleration or grip though it has more horse power.
In fact i really love it. My father has always driven an Alfa. I guess that's one of the reasons i love these cars!
Btw what do you mean by trip computer and Alfa control, i do not think i have such complicated things in my car? It is pretty simple inside.
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Not yet you don't, or maybe you've become too used to Alfas. Wink

Quote:
Btw what do you mean by trip computer and Alfa control, i do not think i have such complicated things in my car? It is pretty simple inside.

What colour is the clover next to the 33 badge on the back of your car? I think the trip computer, voltage and oil pressure gauges were only fitted to gold cloverleaf cars, and the Alfa Control was only sometimes fitted to models other than the gold cloverleaf. I've got a series 2 1.7 green cloverleaf from 1988 and it doesn't have any of that stuff. =(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_nz wrote:
Quote:

Not yet you don't, or maybe you've become too used to Alfas. Wink

Quote:

What colour is the clover next to the 33 badge on the back of your car? I think the trip computer, voltage and oil pressure gauges were only fitted to gold cloverleaf cars, and the Alfa Control was only sometimes fitted to models other than the gold cloverleaf. I've got a series 2 1.7 green cloverleaf from 1988 and it doesn't have any of that stuff. =(

The colour of the cloverleaf is green. I am not sure about the year But i do not i have some of these. There are some indicators near the shifts but i have never really paid attention to them. Can you describe what a trip computer or alfa control is? If you really have time and nerves for that of course
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Welcome to Alfa Land! Where we are all clearly bonkers!!! (ahem, I mean... Where we are all dedicated enthusiasts and engineers Very Happy )

The alfa control usually (!) is in front of the gear (transmission) stick below the heater controls. It has 6 LEDs (lights) which light up to tell the driver about problems, and one big red light which alerts the driver to one of these. However, due to the fine standard of Italian electronics, it usually shows misleading results.

For example, mine said :
"hey Bob, how you doin', you really need to check them there brake pads, there's no tread left on them, and you could hurt yourself" - result, the brake pads had 10,000 miles left of wear on them.

Later....:
"hey Bob everything's great, you've kept me clean and I have no problems to report whatsoever - I'm a tribute to your dedication!" - result, low on coolant, engine could overheat and explode (mangle) at any moment!

Still, at christmas, people think I have a small flashing tree on my dashboard - I've been having a laugh here... But don't trust that damn thing!

It's like an Italian woman - racy and sexy, but she'll lie to you - but who cares!!!!!

Bob. x
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures I scanned from a series 1 Alfa 33 brochure I have:

This is the dash in a series 1 car, with Alfa Control and the trip computer fitted.It looks quite different from the series 2 dashboard:http://www.axys.co.nz/ben/alfa33/DASH.JPG

That's a closeup shot of the trip computer and Alfa Control. As you can see, the car has used 47.3 litres of petrol per 100km, and all of the fault lights are on. Wink

"Dear, we've been broken down here for hours, it's miles to the nearest town and nobody has stopped to help us. Are you sure buying this Alfa was such a good idea?"
"Well, they might have stopped to help if you weren't dressed so 80s. How much hair spray did you use?"
"Oh yeah? What about your moustache, Medallion Man?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now i am sure i do not have such things in my Alfa.
There are 2 other round indicators in that place i think something connected to the oil or water. I am not pretty sure
Is this the only difference between the gold and the green cloverleaf (though i have never seen gold cloverleaf, they are always green)
In fact my Alfa looks pretty much like your picture but the back lights are orange not white. Can you tell me the exact model?
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are 2 other round indicators in that place i think something connected to the oil or water. I am not pretty sure

Oil pressure and battery voltage, I think. Only the first series of 33s had those gauges. Be proud of them, but don't trust them! Wink

Quote:
Is this the only difference between the gold and the green cloverleaf?

There might have been some other differences in available colours and trim, also I think I heard that some/all of the 1.5 gold cloverleaf models had less power than the 1.5 green cloverleaf.

Quote:
In fact my Alfa looks pretty much like your picture but the back lights are orange not white. Can you tell me the exact model?

You mean your indicators are orange like on this car? http://www.cuoresportivo.ch/alfas/33/614x460/33-rot-back_2.jpg
Sounds like you have a series 1 1.5QV (QV = Quadrifoglio Verde = green cloverleaf).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben_nz wrote:
Quote:

Oil pressure and battery voltage, I think. Only the first series of 33s had those gauges. Be proud of them, but don't trust them! Wink

Quote:
Is this the only difference between the gold and the green cloverleaf?

There might have been some other differences in available colours and trim, also I think I heard that some/all of the 1.5 gold cloverleaf models had less power than the 1.5 green cloverleaf.

Quote:

You mean your indicators are orange like on this car? http://www.cuoresportivo.ch/alfas/33/614x460/33-rot-back_2.jpg
Sounds like you have a series 1 1.5QV (QV = Quadrifoglio Verde = green cloverleaf).

Yes my Alfa is 1.5 Green Cloverleaf. Maybe you are also right for the power, most of the similar models i've seen here has 95 hp.
My car looks exactly like the one on the picture, except my rims are different but still very good looking and the paint needs to be changed. In fact the car has grey metalic colour. Pretty strange because most of the time it looks brown to me but it is supposed to be grey.
And yes i mean the indicators are orange. I was not sure what's the English word for these. In fact i've broken them both and i need to change them but it seems quite difficult for me to find orange ones. I am also looking for the whole front suspension and some other parts but i do not know their English equivalents. So speaking of this, do you know whether it will affect car's behavior on the road if i change the whole front part (except the engine) using parts from the new 33 16V because this is my intention for now?
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are differences to the suspension, spring rates etc between early 33s and 33 16V, but I don't know what they are. Confused
Anyone?
Marcin
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

about the picture from the brochure: are there also any buttons / lights above the radio and below the vent openings?

I must say it's a quite fancy dashboard, too bad they didn't improve it and skipped it in the later series.

Cheers,

Marcin
Grant from Welly NZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help the Manuals from this link are gone.

http://alfa.leka.net/stuff/alfa33_manual.pdf.bz2

Does anybody else have them?
burgo90
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello peeps i have a series 1 green cloverleaf and it has the battery meter and oil presure gauge but thats bout it none of that computer bollocks but by the sounds of it i dont want to
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I must take issue with my good friend Ben, The 33 is a very good design,low cog with the boxer, fuel weight between the axles etc. If you want the feel and performance of a sports car and the convenience of a hatch with four doors and split fold down rear seats then the 33 fits perfectly.
The execution of this design may sometimes leave a little to be desired, but that doesn't detract from the concept. The 33 is, like all Alfas, first and foremost a drivers car. Its metier is the winding road with promise of a cool Campari and soda at the end, a superb meal and company that promises a long and intriguing night. If you want a car to see you through the ennui of Aucklands stop start traffic then there are many Japanese offerings that will do it admirably. But if you want a car to get you back to the flat while your lady is still in the mood , then choose the 33 every time.
To cloverleafs( I refuse to use cloverleaves when referring to Alfas)
I understood that the gold cloverleaf was a trim and accessories option while the green cloverleaf was performance. The QV I think had trip computors etc and the extra guages. I think that the 33 is like the RR referred to by the salesman " If you need to know the fuel consumption sir,you couldn't possibly afford it" All you have to do is decide whether it's the destination or the journey that counts.
Regards Eddie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: gold and green cloverleaf differences Reply with quote

I believe that the main difference between the two was in the final drive of the gearbox. The gold was sold as the luxury version with the green being the sportier one ie close ratio gears...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: gold and green cloverleaf differences Reply with quote

I believe that the main difference between the two was in the final drive of the gearbox. The gold was sold as the luxury version ( better trim, more accessories) with the green being the sportier one ie close ratio gears...
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I do have the workshop manuals scanned in on CD. There are something like 2700 images in the series 3 workshop manual fiche.

On top of that the wiring diagrams for the 1990/91 fuel injected 33 comes to 380 pages.

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: