Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

MOT for LHD import in London

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dk1
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: MOT for LHD import in London Reply with quote

I recently moved to London and need to get my '91 33 4x4B registered in the UK. Any recommendations for a competent garage in London? Not much seems different since it passed the Austrian equivalent of MOT last year (fairly strict), so hopefully I only need the new headlamps and dual speedo (being LHD). The goal is to make it roadworthy for sale (unless a continental wants it "as is").

BTW, great site. I browsed extensively when I bought the car a few years back. Apologies if someone asked the same question in the past, but could not find the topic within the last few months. Thanks for your help. David
Adam H
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much are you asking?

I used to have a LHD 16v - I loved it to bits but it hated me!

A used speedo cost £30, a pair of RHD headlights £50 and a pair of RHD tail lights £40 at my local scrapyard.

To UK-ise your car will cost about £250 in all (including permits) to get registered here in the UK.
Adam H
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And whatever you do, don't deregister it as the UK authorities will require the original documentation to register it in the UK.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Cost me a small amount to get tail lights for my 1.3 lhd car, and headlights. Didn't bother with the speedo so it still reads on kmh. For the tail lights I cut the wires and ran a pair from one side to the other to sort out the fog light / reversing light.

I did use the documents, but I have also registered a couple of motorcycles in the UK without the original documents (Italian bikes get deresgistered as otherwise they have to continue paying tax on them).

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: