Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Lose of power...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishAlfa
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Lose of power... Reply with quote

Hi,
I posted earlier this week about changing a clutch slave cylinder but since doing this the engine has been running terrible. I lose power intermittently mostly at higher revs. It feels like I am running out of fuel but only to one side of the engine. I can feel a different vibration coming from the car as if maybe one cylinder is not firing and the idle revs drop slightly when stopped. This is not happening all the time, about half and half at the moment. When it does come back in the car leaps forward as if I've just put my foot to the floor.
To get the old slave cylinder out I took off the distributor cap and lifted up the air supply manifold from one side with out taking it off completly. I've checked to see that these are both back on right. So, i dont know what else to look for as I didnt move anything else and it's only since then I've had these problems.
Any ideas and I'd be very greatfull. Thanks
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Irish...

What kind of Alfa 33 is this??? Injected or Carbed?!?!?

Bob
IrishAlfa
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

injected....its a "94 16v.
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most likely cause of these things (and 90% of injected system problems) is AIR LEAKING INTO THE SYSTEM AFTER THE AIR FLOW/MASS METER.

Bob
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: