Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Diagnostic EFI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvon
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Diagnostic EFI Reply with quote

In the manual to diagnose the EFI (in my case ML4.1) they speak about a tester (C.9.0032 and C.1.0136), set selector (1) to position 1 turn switch (1) to position 2, and so on....

I don't have this tester so does it exist a procedure where I can use a regular electronic tester ?

Yvon
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You could try building the blink code tester (T2). Info is available from my website. It will give you the blink codes for any faults the ECU has recorded. Cool

Although I would recommend resetting the ECU and see if it then records any codes. The reason being is you don't know when those codes were recorded. They could be anytime from when the battery was last disconnected. Crying or Very sad
Yvon
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer and as I told you I already build the T2 tester and it give a 4-4-4-4 response. I tought ECU record the error immediatly when it occurs. However, I'll do that.

Went to a Bosch agent to get some new o-ring for the injectors. I was very surprised when this guy told me they couldn't deliver those small piece of rubber. I have to order it in another place. I can't believe they repair car without having any of these o-rings Twisted Evil

However, I speak with him about my ratling problem and he told me it could be the rotor and a problem with Hall effect.

Yvon
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

That tester plugs into the ECU wiring. Basically it just means you plug in a multimeter, and depending on which way round the knobs are I think it connects up different circuits

I suspect that you can do the same test by just pluging the multimeter into the relevant wires on the ECU connector

All the best

Keith
Scott Sander
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvon,

Yeah sorry you did mention it in another post, as there are so many posts it's a little hard to remember exactly what has been said to whom. So sorry for repeating myself. Embarassed

I agree with Keith the other tester seems to be a couple of rotary switches that have been wired up to pick up the different signals from the ECU. I guess if you managed to find all the bits you could potentially make one yourself. For an individual I think it is far too much effort for the amount of use it would get. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: