Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Is it "three-three" or "thirty-three"?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Is it "three-three" or "thirty-three"? Reply with quote

It's "three-three", right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
burgo90
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thirty three
David
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been sounding like an idiot for a week? Oops.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry yourself too much about it, in eyes of many non-performance car owners, Alfa drivers were always considered strange, masochistic and out of this world on matters of language and economy, which could be understood only by other member of same species. Wink
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say "trenta tre" and they'll get really confused. Wink
Adam H
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three-three or thirty three - it makes little difference to those not 'in the know' about our car.

Simply explain that you own the ultimate, post-holocaust penile battleaxe and then they'll understand that it is YOU that is on to something good!

Welcome!
Wizz
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Adam H"Simply explain that you own the ultimate, post-holocaust penile battleaxe and then they'll understand that it is YOU that is on to something good![/quote]
Hah. Very Happy

Anyway, this reminds me of a funny episode with a couple of my friends some time ago.
For clarification, since my 33 is a 1.5, being the smaller engine, there is no badge saying "1.5" on the rear.

So, we were driving, in my car, to some gocart-event.. 1 close friend of mine, and one of his pals were in the car. At one point, when we were discussing my car, I say: "Well, it's only a 1-point-5, but it still runs great!" And his pal is like: "Whoa! But I thought it was a 3-point-3 litres!!!" Laughing Laughing
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Some time ago a friend of mine was traveling along with me and I could see his eyes staring at the dashboard. After some minutes of investigation of the console he says to me: "What are the indications between your speedo and rpm counter?"
With surprise I say to him "Nothing special, indicators of the oil, alternator and stuff like that".
He immediatelly replies "I have not seen so many indicators in a car's dashboard - especially the handbrake indicator!"

I didnt told to him anything more but to change his car - He owns a Hyundai S Coupe Laughing

Wizz: It's strange that your Alfa does not have the 1.5 badge - I have seen 1.5 lt versions in my country with the full designation 33 1.5 IE on the back. Strange indeed.

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes people just take the badges off, especially BMW drivers who are embarassed about their 316, and want to pretent it is a 328 or something.

Maybe the previous owners thought it looked too cluttered? Confused
P.Camilo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Names Reply with quote

The real name is Trinta Tre...Spelled like having something under the tongue... (Trínta Trę)
Pimp_Dudu
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paddy granger wrote:
especially BMW drivers who are embarassed about their 316, and want to pretent it is a 328 or something. Confused

My personal favorite are the idiots who put an M3 sticker and leave the 316 on...or the VW golfs that literally paint the GTI on tha back....aiaiaiaia germans... what to do Very Happy
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimp_Dudu wrote:
paddy granger wrote:
especially BMW drivers who are embarassed about their 316, and want to pretent it is a 328 or something. Confused

My personal favorite are the idiots who put an M3 sticker and leave the 316 on...or the VW golfs that literally paint the GTI on tha back....aiaiaiaia germans... what to do Very Happy

Laughing I remember a craze here in Holland where pretty much every VW Golf IV driver painted their rear VW badge black. As if it means something Confused I also see loads of Audi A4's without the front Audi badge, and some strange Halfords add on in stead. I presume that they are trying to give the impression that they own some special S4 or something (with hubcaps). Fake M3's are just too easy to notice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvatavuk wrote:
Don't worry yourself too much about it, in eyes of many non-performance car owners, Alfa drivers were always considered strange, masochistic and out of this world on matters of language and economy, which could be understood only by other member of same species. Wink

Like your Nick name? Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum