Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Spark plugs

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Spark plugs Reply with quote

Hi

Picking up from another thread...

...so are we/you saying then that 16v-ers should have NGK plugs and not Golden Lodge 25HLD's?

It'd be bad enough to spend a day changing the darn things - but if one is fitting the wrong plugs..... Shocked

Cheers

James F
RpmHead
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Spark plugs Reply with quote

JF wrote:

...so are we/you saying then that 16v-ers should have NGK plugs and not Golden Lodge 25HLD's?

That's correct.
16V (cat) should use NGK PFR6B, and NOT the GL plugs....
'69 Giulia Super
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Spark plugs Reply with quote

JF wrote:
Hi

Picking up from another thread...

It'd be bad enough to spend a day changing the darn things - but if one is fitting the wrong plugs..... Shocked

Cheers

James F

GLs oscilate in quality a lot, sometimes in a 4 pack, every plug has different disstances to center electrode, sometimes 1 or 2 foul after only 5-7k km.
But Both are OK for engine, only that GL 25HLD won't last nearly as much as NGKs.
In my case with engine more run cold then warm it was every 10k km, GL spark plug change.
So when new/clean/warmed both are great.
James F
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Cheers Reply with quote

Hi

Many thanks for that - mine is a non-cat 16v, but I guess the reasoning stays the same

I will sort out, or not as the case may be...

James F

Series 3 16v SportWagon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: