Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

petrol tanks

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxenhole2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: petrol tanks Reply with quote

Are all 33 petrol tanks the same? I am looking for a new one.
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As far as the cat 33s are conserned, physically they are not the same.

Bosch and Marelli IAW versions use different tanks as far as the location of the hose connections is concerned. Also the length of the hoses is different too.

However I have heard of examples that have used different tank from the original that should be used. They used longer fuel hoses and probably new nylon pipes. At least this worked.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
RFlower
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed a fuel tank from a carb model 33 on my (fuel injection) 1.7.

There was no connection for the return fuel, so I piped this to the breather pipe, via a tee as low down the pipe as possible.

The only difference is the normal return pipe goes to the bottom of the tank, whereas now you can hear the fuel return running into the tank, but only from near the tank, not from inside the car.
Dick Flower, Nr. Carcassonne. '94 Trofeo 1.4 ie (F), '93 Imola 1.3/1.4 ie (now for breaking) (F), '91 1.7 ie (GB)(spare car), '86 Sprint 1.5 QV (F). '87 VW Syncro camper (F), '73 NSU Ro80 (F), '99 Fiat Seicento (F)
foxenhole2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Petrol tanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been offered a brand new tank at a good price, but the seller doesn't know which model it is for. I can adapt pipe work as long as the tank will physically fit in the space.
Cheers, Mark
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: