Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Stupid Mistake; I shortcircuited my throttle cable!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Stupid Mistake; I shortcircuited my throttle cable! Reply with quote

Hi everbody,

today I did s.th very stupid: I removed the starter motor on my 33 1.7 i.e. ('92) without disconnecting the battery first. Of course the power cable of the starter motor touched the engine and as the mass cable from the battery to the engine was already disconnected the whole thing shortcircuited via the throttle cable which started to smell and glow red Shocked . I disconnected the battery about 30 sec later....

Of course the throttle cable is broken (doesn't move any more), but now to my question: Is it likely that more electric systems have been damaged by this shortcircuit? ( I'm thinking motor management etc...)
All fuses seem to be ok and i can still flash the lights....unfortunately I can't test the engine as the starter motor is dismantled due to a gearbox change.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Best Regards

Patrick
Yvon
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops ... hope the ECU is not damaged Confused

Yvon
Toad
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is one of those try it and see problems. But if your ignition was off you might be alright, if it was on Confused
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: