Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Indicator and hazard lights schematic

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesthegringo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Indicator and hazard lights schematic Reply with quote

Ok, this weekend had me pounding my head against a wall.

I'm building a sprint car which has a mid-mounted 33 16v engine, and the electrical system is using a series 3 fusebox and wiring, cut down to reduce to the minimum necessary.

I've all of it working except for the bloody indicators..... I had them working when I had the system off the car and laid out for testing, but now they are in, they won't bloody work. The strange thing is that the hazard warning system does work, yet it uses most of the same wiring and definately the same intermittent relay. I'm sure that I have not altered anything since testing

Can one of you guys out there who understand car electrics (I frankly don't) please help me? I could do with a simple schematic of the whole indicator and hazard system with what should have power and what shouldn't. It would also help to know what connectors the parts go to into the back of the fuse box, to make sure I haven't unknowingly removed a wire too many.

thanks guys

Les
Laki
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have all - on the car....It sounds like it doest have it own.
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: I had a similar problem... Reply with quote

On my S2 1.5/1.7TI I had a similar problem, where indicators wouldn't work, but the hazards would. In the end I traced it to a broken spade tag connector on the underside of the fuse box. The 12V, post fuse, had broken off from the terminal, giving me intermittent power to the indicators, but the hazards seem to derive power from a differnt fuse.

I beleive it could be similar to the S3, at least in theory.

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
lesthegringo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: hazards Reply with quote

finally sorted it out - did it the hard way by 'mapping' the schematic for the system. It was indeed a cut wire, but the curious thing is the way that it gets it's supply of 12v - there are two of them, and the supply changes dependant on the hazard switch position. One of those was cut, but as the power was still getting to 1/2 the system it had me flummoxed.

If anyone has any trouble sleeping I can put up the schematic and logic diagram....

Les
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: