Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

P4 Problems Can Anyone Help?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
praugust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: P4 Problems Can Anyone Help? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a P4 and to be fare I have done 11,000 miles without any problems which, to be honest, is quite amazing. When I got my car serviced and some minor repairs done, I use a AROC and Alfa Pages forum member based in Portsmouth who knows P4s back to front. I live in Northolt, Middlesex. My P4 has developed a clutch problem and I was told that I needed it replaced. I was wondering if anyone on this forum would be interested in completing this task as paid work. I am a bit reluctant to use a garage because the last time I had my car looked at I was quoted a lot of money for repairs that were not required. I believe it was down to lack of P4 knowledge more than anything else. For example, the prop shaft was knocking and a garage told me that I needed it replaced. He demonstrated a bit of play in the joints. Portsmouth forum member explained there was nothing wrong with it as the problem was due to an after market mid exhaust section that was not designed properly. I replaced it with an original Alfa part and the problem was solved because the Alfa exhaust followed the curvature of the prop shaft exactly. So if anyone can help please get in touch with a number I can reach you on.

Thanks

Patrick
Matt Stolton
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Try Lloyd at clovertech Reply with quote

Lloyd is £45 an hour, and has just got My P4 project on the road. He certainly now knows lots about P4s......

His website is http://www.clovertechuk.com where you can find a map and his contact details. He doesn't fleece people, and actually knows about Alfas, particulalry 33s, as he has owned several, and played with even more.

He is somwhat of a rare breed, as he started life with a Fiat/Alfa main dealer, and then set up on his own. However, he is half the price of a main dealer's hourly rate, but still get parts at the right prices. Wink

Matt

Ex Alfa 33 'GTA' (P4 with Knobs On)
Now cruising in a 166 3.2 Ti!!
Deano
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patrick,

I can't remember moving to Portmouth! In fact I'm pretty sure that I live in Bournemouth still!
Sorry I can't help out on this occasion but it's a full day's work to change a clutch and I'm not sure the girlfriend would approve at the moment since we have just moved house.
I do know a chap who runs his own Alfa garage just outside Blandford called "Reds". He is the only bloke I would trust around my car since he has 20 years experience as an Alfa mechanic and a good knowledge of 80's/90's Alfas. His name is Dave Summers. If you have trouble looking him up then give me a call. He should be able to give you a price over the phone for a clutch change.
Good luck.

Dean
prauguste2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: P4 Problems Can Anyone Help? Reply with quote

Sorry Dean, of course, you do live in Bournemouth.

Thanks

Patrick
prauguste
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI I have advertised this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2492397451 also, see buying and selling section of this forum.

I guess I can do without car problems right now.

Patrick
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: