Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

boot it!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
33 1.7 ie Turismo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: boot it! Reply with quote

nope, not challenging anyone to a race, but, my boot lever has stuck - it basically wont open the boot! Shocked

any ideas where u should b looking to lever it open from the inside (please dont say in the boot - guessed that bit Razz ) and then what i need to do to rectify it. i guess it may the cable from the handle to the mechanism in the boot

any help appreciated!

(p.s i'll race u if u want too! Very Happy )
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know whether the boot cable is still attached at both ends? It might have come off the lever by the drivers seat, and you might be able to grab it with some pliers..

If it's still attached, get someone to try to open the boot while you pull the release lever. On my Series 2, the boot must want to pull open (because it has been closed hard, compressing the rubber seals) when it is latched, otherwise the latch won't release when you pull the lever. Also the cable has to be kept tight by running through the bumper mounting bracket.

I forget if you can access the boot locking mechanism with the boot trim in place. If so, it should be easy to get the boot open.
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can unlock boot without cable.
There is unlock lever in boot door, on my 16v you can acces it without problem (if you don't count little bit of grease on fingers). But there are probably 33s with boot trim there.
Belive it or not it is in mid of hatch door, just above boot locking mechanism on chasis. There is V shaped openning and inside it on top of lock there is small lever which needs to be pushed on oposite side left/right depending LHD/RHD position.
paulhide
P4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the boot, pull the back seats down and climb in with a torch and attack the lock from in there. Question Idea
Daimon7
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI all

Mate try keeping the level up and have someone try opening the boot. Mine is also usually stuck, so i place a letherman tool (all in one toolkit, can fix almoast everthing on an A33) under the level to keep it open while I open the trunk.

Cheers

a 33 1.7 16V + T4 + too many things to list - 1****eu = 350hp and many many people wondering why a 360 modena can`t shake off that weird looking, 17" rimmed, red, 11 year old bucket
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Daimon7: Many of us use sealbelt to hold lever in upright position while some do that with cigarette boxes Smile
Daimon7
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Greek saying "Need is the mother of every invention" I bet that Michalangelo probably drove an Alfa Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

a 33 1.7 16V + T4 + too many things to list - 1****eu = 350hp and many many people wondering why a 360 modena can`t shake off that weird looking, 17" rimmed, red, 11 year old bucket
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: