Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Do you feel lucky?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daimon7
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Do you feel lucky? Reply with quote

Hi all

About 2,5 months ago, On a friday night while i was returning home from a club near my home, I had an accident with my 1.7 16V. A black Alfa 147 infront of me braked to a halt while entering a right turn and while i tried to avoid hitting him i took a 110 degree turn oversteering onto a wall with the front side of my car followed by a 180 turn also hitting the rear left. Shit happens you say, well that shit costed me 2100 euro with another 700 for a complete car paintjob and the car was in the garage for more than 4 weeks.

The car felt as good as new but without front and rear bumpers as i couldn`t afford them at the time. It drove fine for a week or so until on a Friday night i tried handbraking into a hard right (I wasn`t drunk by the way) and guess what.. the grip of the handbrake slipped off leaving me with no way to lower the handbrake with the rear wheels locked doing about 50km/h again oversteering onto a peugeot 307 parked at the side of the street. Well you can say that shit can happen twice or so right?? The re-happening shit set me back another 1200 euros and the good reason never to trust my handbrake again. The car stayed in the shop for 2,5 weeks and was re painted at the front still having no bumpers.

I took the car 3 weeks ago and promised my self that that was the last time i would ever get involved in a car accident which was a promise i kept for 3 whole days.

On a sunny sunday afternoon 2,5 weeks ago, while i was returning home, a lovely young female driver, aged 23, driving a 900cc red Fiat cinquecento desided that she was fast enough to cross a road without stopping to a HUGE Stop sign while ignoring me doing about 80 km/h (6000rpm in second gear) not more that 8meters away on the crossroad. NOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY baby NOOOOOOone can get in the way of a 136hp Alfa Romeo without paying the price. The girl was not harmed but i am officially called the Cinquecento killer (may the little red buger rest in pieces) and i now have a red 33 1.7 16V sitting in a garage with about 4000 euros in damage while i wait the insurance money in about 2 to 3 weeks. Ow i bought the car about 3050 euros, but my mechanick says it can be fixed with a little hassle in about 5 weeks.

so as you mates in assie say NOOOOO WORRIESSSS MATESSSSSSSSS

P.S.
2 days after the second incident my mate his brother and me crashed and took a tumble on a freeway doing about 170km/h in his opel tigra 1.4 which now costs a little more than 500eu. Not a scratch....

P.S. 2
Q. Why fix a car with more damage than it`s worth?
A. Because I love it

P.S. 3
Q. Is your case terminal
A. I am afraid so

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

a 33 1.7 16V + T4 + too many things to list - 1****eu = 350hp and many many people wondering why a 360 modena can`t shake off that weird looking, 17" rimmed, red, 11 year old bucket
Dicko
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Krikey Mate!!! Reply with quote

Pure terror-babble. The 16v must now be held together with solder and tape?

Amazing it came straight after two accidents.

I drive a 33 and SUd sometimes, have to try to remember not to handbrakie in the SUd as locks the front.
GaryUK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scared!
Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im scareder!!

lucky there is some water in between us
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to read it, but if I were you I would call Exorcist.
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch!!! But to look on the bright side, look at the lengths a lovely young thing will go to to meet an Alfa driver Cool You must ask yourself,would she do the same if you were driving a Beemer or other lesser breed.
Regards Eddie
burgo90
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the second one was your own fault so yo9ur getting no sympathy for that one
paddy granger
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burgo90 wrote:
well the second one was your own fault so yo9ur getting no sympathy for that one

Haha - I was waiting for somebody to mention that - I agree, mind you it still sucks.

Strange that the cover of the handbrake slipped off!!
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Paddy, when our S2 got stolen the little shits spent half the night desroying the tyres and wheels doing donuts etc and when we got the car back you could hardly push the button in enough to release the handbrake. As there were other more urgent things to do to make it roadworthy again that problem sort of got put to one side. Until that is it happened that I could only just move off from the lights on the way home one time. I couldn't get the button in enough to release properly so as I was thankfully near home it was a slow crawl to sanctuary. I put it down to damage that the thieves had done and although I had a spare it wasn't the flashest so I thought to make one from two. After some fiddling and reinstallation it dawned on me that all the problem was that the grip had worked its way forward initiated by the little pricks antics. So if anyone is contemplating a little bit of handbraking I would recommend fixing the grip with glue or somesuch.
Regards Eddie
James Granger
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we see pics of the damage?

It would be interesting to see how anybody could survive an 80 km/h accident between an Alfa 33 and Fiat Cinquecento! Confused

Arguably they are both rubbish when it comes to structural rigidity!

Last edited by James Granger on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daimon7
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeap you can really say that a33`s have very expensive parts Rolling Eyes

1200eu for a faulty handbrake lever Laughing Laughing

Can anyone host my pics as i have no place to post them?? I also have a couple pics of my S3 1.4 which was thrashed 2 years back after an accident involving a 307 and a road barrier at about 90 km/h.

a 33 1.7 16V + T4 + too many things to list - 1****eu = 350hp and many many people wondering why a 360 modena can`t shake off that weird looking, 17" rimmed, red, 11 year old bucket
Wizz
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daimon7 wrote:
yeap you can really say that a33`s have very expensive parts Rolling Eyes

1200eu for a faulty handbrake lever Laughing Laughing

Can anyone host my pics as i have no place to post them?? I also have a couple pics of my S3 1.4 which was thrashed 2 years back after an accident involving a 307 and a road barrier at about 90 km/h.

You can mail them to me at wizz (at) baka (dot) dk - I'll gladly host them for you. Smile
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well look on the bright side, your not hurt (the main thing) and the car can be fixed sooner or later.
have you taken any pics? it would be interesting to see them.
in england body work is so expensive that if i hit a fiat at 50mph then i think the car would get scrapped. the best i could do is to take the working parts off it and junk the rest.

good luck putting it back together. post up some pics of the finished car before you crash it again Wink

L.
Wizz
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Sorry Daimon7, your mail has been sitting in my Junk-Email inbox for 10 days now, my spam-filter cought it for some reason. Embarassed Sorry mate.
Anyway, here's the piccies.. looking... err, bad. Crying or Very sad

See full-size image.

See full-size image.

See full-size image.
hmm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Sounds to me like you drive like a lunatic Reply with quote

Sounds to me like you need to learn how to drive. Shame to see a 33 get destroyed.

I cant even have any much sympathy with you over the cinquecento. 6000rpm in 2nd gear? whilst approaching a crossroads, so sounds like its in a built up area....
Daimon7
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmmm

Everyone is a critic these days....
But i guess your right, should had redlined the dawm thing in 2nd.
Cool

rallyboy77
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god. Now you know why insurance is so expensive!

And I have to ask, what is your signature supposed to mean? Have you built such a beast?

"a 33 1.7 16V + T4 + too many things to list - 1****eu = 350hp and many many people wondering why a 360 modena can`t shake off that weird looking, 17" rimmed, red, 11 year old bucket"

J Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 240e/year isn`t allthat expensive for insurance i guess.

Not yet, i`m still in the -1****eu section. But there are 2 33 beasts running around my place. Both hot camshafted, one with about 220hp (has shaken acouple of scooby`s with more than 300hp at any gear but 1st) and the other at about 190hp. Not one turboboosted yet.

Mine is going (hopefully next month unless else something pops up) for C&B S cams with an Ecu upgrade, front brembo 4 caliper pots with 305cm discs and 16" OZ Superleggeras for about 3300eu, at a gain of about 160hp.
Daimon7
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that was me abov, forgot to log in. Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum