Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Momo boss kit

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evanbottcher
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Momo boss kit Reply with quote

Hi all, I picked up an old momo boss kit for the Sud on ebay at a reasonable price and am thinking of buying a matching wheel. What I'm wondering is what the extra adaptor plate I received is for. Here is a pic of all the bits I've received:

The boss on it's own would seem ready to bolt a momo wheel onto using the short hex screws.

What's this plate for though?

I'll probably work it out, just wondered if anyone had something similar.

cheers,
Evan.
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about you kit but another kit we used on a toyota had an extra part to help fit wheels that didnt have a cut out in the centre for the horn/boss.

you can get wheels with a hold in the middle and some without. i would think the extra bit if for that.

looking at your boss there is a raised lip that wouldnt fit if you had a solid centred wheel.

hope that helps

L.
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Evan, A lot of Momos don't have as much dish as the original Alfa wheel and I suspect that the spacer is to bring the wheel back to you for better driving position.
I've adapted several Momos and other wheels to our fleet of 33s by stripping the original wheels to the metal hub and drilling and tapping to take the Momo. On most, depending on the dish, I've had to space the wheel back to restore the original relationship of the wheel.
Regards Eddie
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum