Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

What gearbox fits in the alfa 33?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillaBoo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: What gearbox fits in the alfa 33? Reply with quote

what is the best gearbox, except the original, to fit into the 33? Without any bigger modifications..

and is it expensive to change the syncrho`s? i know the one to 2nd is pretty "weak" ... wants to ensure i dont get any gearbox problems Smile
And dont tell me about you own cars, that they run smoothly and have no problems.. read to many of thoose :p
And please do not tell me to double clutch or just gear slower.. i dont want that. Smile

thanks
Paul T.
Spyderman
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get adaptors to mate the Alfa motor to the VW Beetle transmission (same for both swing axle and IRS VW box) from GB engineering in Nantwich.
The VW box is 4speed though. You can get pretty heavy duty versions of them from the US for Sand buggies drag bugs etc.
Whether the IRS box would fit is another matter.
KitCarLasse
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We manufactor adapters for Alfa boxer engines to fit a VW type 1 transaxel/gearbox.....

kitcarlasse@yahoo.dk
+45 23 310 310
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: