Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Great start to new year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian M wrote:
Hi Mark
The accident was on the Sherborne to Dorchester road coming towards Sherborne At top of the hill near Cerne Abbas...do you know it?
Yes I did come to the track day I sent you some photos of the three wheeling fiesta.
s
Sorry to say I am still in the passat but am on the lookout for another alfa....not necesarily a 33 but whatever come along at the right money.

I know that road very well, had to drive it daily for a few years, can be some high speed fun that one! From what you say, I assume its the top road (over the giants head). Was it the bends coming down the hill towards Middle Marsh after the Buckland Newton turn?

Thanks for the picture, proud of that one, its on the Ruptured Duck site under the 'cars' section.

hmmm... looking for another Alfa, eh? You dont want to buy a Sud do you? Wink

Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark
Close it was right at the top of the hill before the Buckland Newton turn...there is a slight right hander there and the rear just broke away.
Next time you go past there look for a bit of a hole in the hedge at that point.
The most worrying thing was that if I had gone over the verge on the right
there would have been nothing to stop me ending up in Buckland Newton Rolling Eyes
Dont really want a Sud Im afraid...may not get a 33...looking to go a bit bigger perhaps a 155...any thoughts on them??
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never owned a 155, but on the list of "would own if opportunity arose" Very Happy

Your accident came up in conversation with a client of mine who is a paramedic, he didnt attend but knows the ones that did, and you made a bit of an impression with your lack of injuries and they had talked about it Twisted Evil

Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small world isnt it.
I think the reason for lack of injury was that the drivers seat reclined itself in the accident so as the roof caved in I was low in the car...all I had to do then was switch off the engine and crawl out.
I actually got another piece of glass out of my ear a few days ago.
Right hand got a little bit crushed and is still a bit lumpy.
Anyway glad I gave them something to talk about...
one of the paramedics was having a good look over it and found the seatbelt was still fastened...
still not sure how I managed that one.

Last edited by Ian M on Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

We have a 155 for a sensible car. Needed something to put a tow bar on (which is not cheap on a 155 Rolling Eyes ).

Goes OK, does a bit under 30 to the gallon (worse than the 75TS I had). Cam belt service is expensive (cam belt, balancer belt, tensioners and timing variator). Quite an upright driving position. Handling is not nice, although I may have to have a serious poke round ours to see if there is a problem (not found it yet).

Massive boot. Comfy.

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum