Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

I'm BAAAAAACK!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: I'm BAAAAAACK! Reply with quote

Took me a while, but I eventually found my way back to the board. Stupid bloody wrong bookmarks...

The 146 we had to replace the 33 my wife killed, has now been sold. We've ended up with an Audi A4, which is OK, very 'sensible' being an oil burner, but we havent left boxer engines behind completely:

1) Still have my 1.3Ti Sud, in a workshop for some minor work and a new MOT before a visit to the spray shop and then thats on its way too

2) Have a 1.7Ti Sud, that has an engine from a 33, so I guess that allows me to post here still Very Happy We'll be using that one for Hill Climb, maybe sprints and if budget allows, circuit racing. It has been raced in recent years in BRSCC and BARC SE, and we bought it with slight front end damage, and that has been sorted.

When it arrived:

First test a couple of weeks ago

She bloody flies, partially as she is on a 5 speed 1.2 box. Usual second gear issues, but that is in for sorting at the moment!

Look out for RUPTURED DUCK MOTORSPORT!

alfa-alex
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely looking sud!
even like the colours!
any chance of hearing a bit more about the spec and any problems faced!
cheers
alex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dreamracers
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex! Most folks hate the yellow, I love it

the mechanical top end(s) have been replaced by mechanicals, engine is very sweet, and giving no problems at all yet, but it is early days Cool

only issue we got so far is that the synchro is fecked for second so bad that it not only grinds like a bugger being selected but jumps out too. The Haynes Motor Museum have it in at the moment for repairs, even though second isnt used at most tracks in the UK (just the hairpin at Mallory I have been told), but for hill climb I suspect it will be differant. Have found its happy (and quick) in 3rd at most of the 2nd gear stuff at Haynes. Remember its a 1.2 5-speed box on a 1.7

Will have to wait and see, just found out that we have been drawn for the test day at Gurston Down in April, and are getting our forms in for the championship too Cool First test proper is at the track day (see UK forum)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum