Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

BOXER 33 16V Front Fog Lights

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aestrada
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: BOXER 33 16V Front Fog Lights Reply with quote

Hi guys

Quick question for anyone who has a Boxer 33 16V. I have just recently purchased a 91 model 33 which came with front fog lights. This does not seem to operate when the fog light switch is depressed (park lights switched on). There seems to be only one switch on the dash for fog light operation which is located below instrument cluster (bottom left next to the hazard light switch).

This switch operates the rear fog light. Q: Should front and rear fog light operate together on the one switch?

All globes and fuses have been checked and wiring seems to be connected under the hood.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ken McCarthy
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Fog lights Reply with quote

Try switching on your headlights. In most cases the fog lights should be wired in as a change-over so that with the head lights on, pressing the front fog lights switch turns the fog lights on and the head lights off and vice versa when you press it again. This is the law in some countries.

I can't remember if the rear is the same but a little experimentation should find how it works. I think there should be two switches, one for the front and one for the rear.

Regards
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

on my LHD 16v for germany.
There is one switch for front fog lights on left cluster near heated rear window, and one for rear is on right next to hazard lights.
Front fog lights can be turned only when front lights are turned od, and rear fog light only when fron fog light is turned on.
JamesD
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Front Fog Lights Reply with quote

Hi all,
My P4 needed an extra switch installed in the panel to the right of the steering wheel, above the relay/fuse box. The plug will be stowed behind the blank switch panel. Be careful pulling the switch panel out cause the edges break real easy....

Also you will need an extra relay and short wiring harness installed in the battery area if the lights still don't work. There is a connector hidden in amongst the wires between the battery and the fwd bulkhead/left inner guard area. I think it's black and flat shaped (and hard to see). I couldn't find an OEM loom, so dummied up a relay and harness myself to make the lights work with the park lights on. Not exactly legal but there you go!

Best of luck
James.

33S16VP4
aestrada
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all for your suggestions. I will have to go with getting an independent switch installed for my fog lights as suggested.

Have a nice day!
ns
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Front Fog Lights Reply with quote

JamesD wrote:
Hi all,
My P4 needed an extra switch installed in the panel to the right of the steering wheel, above the relay/fuse box. The plug will be stowed behind the blank switch panel. Be careful pulling the switch panel out cause the edges break real easy....
33S16VP4

It is true, I instaled fog lights by myself and put extra switch for that to connector. There are two connectors: green and blue - one for back and the other one for front fog lights, just try to find it near the switch for back fog light..

JamesD wrote:

Also you will need an extra relay and short wiring harness installed in the battery area if the lights still don't work. There is a connector hidden in amongst the wires between the battery and the fwd bulkhead/left inner guard area. I think it's black and flat shaped (and hard to see). I couldn't find an OEM loom, so dummied up a relay and harness myself to make the lights work with the park lights on. Not exactly legal but there you go!

33S16VP4

Be carefull with this relay and put right one with fuse. I put wrong one and wires started to burn.

With kind regards,
NS
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: