Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

hydraulic lifters

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: hydraulic lifters Reply with quote

Hi,

is there any way to check if the lifter is good?
I've tried pressing the lifter with my hands and some are blocked. You can't press them, but you can rotate them(the tip of the lifter). Others seems to have some kind of spring inside because when I press them, they return.
If those stucked are faulty, can I repare them and how?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neo,
not much help from me about how to test them, but I'll be doing/buying them for my 16v soon.
Usually they were cheaper in Trst, then in Rijeka or Split for that matter.
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Rijeka they are about 120 - 180 kn per lifter. That is way to much.
I'm doing a complete engine rebuild and some tuning like lightening crankshaft, flywheel, rods, polishing, and stuff like that. I have experience in engine modifications but this is my first Alfa engine that I'm doing so I was wondering if You can send me your e-mail so i can query you about some specific alfa related questions. I'm not so good with writing English so I'd like to ask you in Croatian.

Also there is a good forum about tuning engines in Croatian on the Quartermile page.
www.quartermile.ws
www.quartermile.ws/forum

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum