Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Emissions help please!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich t
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Emissions help please! Reply with quote

My 33 is in for pre-MOT bits at the moment. It was running WAY too rich so the emissions were way out.

Immediate thought was a gummed up air flow meter but... apparently late 33s 1.7 8 valves don't have one - just a sensor which doesn't actually measure.

So mechanic tries chaging the lambda sensor. That's made things better, but the emissions are still far too high to get through an MOT. It doesn't SEEM to be running rich now.

Anyone got any ideas? I"m tempted to go and give it a good blast over the moors to clear it out a bit, but I'm sure it's more than that really.

Thanks

Rich T
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It has an air mass sensor. This is basically a piece of wire that is kept hot, and the amount of current required to keep it hot determines the mass of the air passing. Similar job to an air flow meter but it should be more accurate.

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum