Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Swimming pool

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bellamachinna
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Swimming pool Reply with quote

Hi all Very Happy ....

Its raining ouside, and when i went inside my 16v, i discovered a "swimming pool" on the floor of the right side Shocked . I already had this type of problem due to clogged drain tubes from the sunroof...However in that ocasion, the front seats also got wet, and now the dampness is only in the footweel (right side)... Sad The water seems to enter behind the dashboard , but the mats are not wet there (only the floor)... Shocked
Anyone had this problem? Exclamation Question
Can it be the rubber of the passenger door? Question
The wiring of the ECU, has some hole in that location that connects to engine compartment?? Question

Thanks in advance...
gritsop
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I once had this problem... Water come in from the right upper corner of the windscreen.

The sealant there was weak and water came in, way down the vertical column which holds the windscreen, then behind the dashboard and finally dripping from the right speaker. Result: water on the passengers feet.

Some silicone did the job but yesterday I saw some traces of water again - so car body sealant will do the job once for all.

Regards,

http://www.alfa-restoration.co.uk
Parts Shop: www.alfa-restoration.co.uk/shop
Ketil-no
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Swimming pool Reply with quote

Bellamachinna wrote:
Hi all Very Happy ....

Its raining ouside, and when i went inside my 16v, i discovered a "swimming pool" on the floor of the right side Shocked . I already had this type of problem due to clogged drain tubes from the sunroof...However in that ocasion, the front seats also got wet, and now the dampness is only in the footweel (right side)... Sad The water seems to enter behind the dashboard , but the mats are not wet there (only the floor)... Shocked
Anyone had this problem? Exclamation Question
Can it be the rubber of the passenger door? Question
The wiring of the ECU, has some hole in that location that connects to engine compartment?? Question

Thanks in advance...

Have you checked the drain holes below the front screen?
If they are blocked the water will enter through the ventilation on the sides of the dash....

To do it:
Take off the wipers and the black plastic panels below the front screen.
With the plastic off you can now see the "big steel tray". On the pasanger side (on a LHD car) you can clear the drain holes now, but to clear the drain hole on the drivers side you need to take out the wiper assembly.
Good Luck. And grease up the wiper mechanisme while your at it....

Ketil
Bellamachinna
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy
I´ve been around my car this afternoon, to see if i could trace the leak...
I removed the shelf under the glovebox, the glovebox, the plastic that covers the A pillar, the rubber that seals when door is shut, the ECU and the black plastic panels below the windscreen Shocked
The problem, is that i dont see traces of leaks... Question Exclamation
The mat and the isolating material on the firewall and wheelarch are dry;-Only the foor is wet. If there´s a leak, the water must come from somewere. I´m suspecting the bottom right corner from the windscreen, but to get acess i´ve got to disassemble the entire dashboard Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
I´ll keep you posted
Best regards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't it be coolant comming from your interior heating radiator?
hope you find the leak!

regards!

Paul D.
LDA
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a similar problem with my pulsar. the pessenger footwell would fill up with quite a lot of water on a heavy rain day. turned out that the cover for the air intake had come lose and was letting water run off the windscreen, through the plastic cover and into the fan hole. the water go out somewhere in the tube and went all over the floor. what a pain.

a long bit of stiff wire (coat hanger) was all that was needed to clear out the drainage holes and then some new non rusted screws but back the drip guard.

i know the alfa is a tottaly different car but i would defo have a look at the drainage holes under the plastic strip, under the wipers.
also as said above. it could be the heater pipes or the heater matrix its self.

the way i found the problem was to either wait for a hard rain shower (and one never came that day) or get a mate to put a hose on the car while you lay in the footwell looking for water.

good luck

L.
Bellamachinna
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... Very Happy

Finally solved my leak problem.
The door rubber, were the A pillar connects with the lower body, was letting water pass. It driped rigth were the mat is hold in place exactly by the door rubber..

Thanks All
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum