Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

INFO NEEDED FOR BATTERY & BRAKES

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: INFO NEEDED FOR BATTERY & BRAKES Reply with quote

HY IM NEW TO THIS FORUM I HAVE A ALF A33 1.4IE 1992
TWO QUESTIONS
1.. DO YOU KNOW THE NUMBER REQUIERD TO BUY A NEW BATTERY SINCE I DONT HAVE THE MANUAL AND THE OLD ONE HAS NOTHING WRITEN ON IT. IM GOING TO BUY A BOSCH SILVER OR SUPER SILVER(I THINK ITS CALLED).
2.. I HAVE CHANGED THE FRONT DISKS WITH THE VENTILADED ONES FROM THE 16v ALONG WITH THE CALLIPERS .
AFTER 300KM WITH THE NEW DISKS AND PADS I SEE THAT AT THE OUTER END OF THE DISK SOME RUST APPEARS AS THE PADS DONT TOUCH THERE AT ALL .THE RUSTY PLACE IS NO MORE THAN 0,3CM.
IS THIS NATURAL ON NEW DISKS AND PADS?
THE BRAKING HAS NO PROBLEM, MAKES NO AWFUL SOUND AND DOES NOT PULL ONE SIDED AND RETERNS NO VIBRATION TO THE STEERING WHELL.
Gary UK
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your brakes are fine.

Just go to a scrap yard and get a good round pole battery 350A+ in the UK I'd pay a fiver (well £5-10 if you don't look like a munter) for a good one instead of £50+ new.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: