Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Quarter of a million km's

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorik
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Quarter of a million km's Reply with quote

Hey fellow Alfisti,

Today the tacho went over the 250.000 kms (I beeped the horn twice to celebrate). Read this is the millage on the current 16v engine which I've bought at 168.000. On the previous 8v engine there already was 248.000, so in total my little series 2 boxer has done some 330.000 km! Not bad for an LPG running twin carb monster. Still drives like a dream. Last weekend i've washed an polished the car, and it looked as good as new! Made some beautifull pictures of the car and 16v twincarb engine. Will be posting them here soon. To bad it's been pooring with rain after my wash...byebye hard polishlabour...hello rust...
http://home.planet.nl/~koper193/index.html
Bellamachinna
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jorik... Very Happy
Your car milleage serves to prove that Alfa boxer`s is the 33 strongest point. 33`s build quality, is generaly poor( Sad ), but the engines, are really the car soul...Its strange, that on my S3 16v, the most unreliable parts, are German made. The Bosch injection is a nightmare. My car goes through AFM`s (3 already). The fuel pump also played up (also Bosch made).
Quote:
To bad it's been pooring with rain after my wash...byebye hard polishlabour...hello rust...

RUST??? Shocked you must be joking....On your car???
Maybe its time for you to move to somewere south of Europe, where the climate is more 33 friendly Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Take care
P.Camilo - By the way, i`m waiting for your car pics....
ZeNiTh-PbArM
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

fuel pump failures are often related to clogging of the fuel lines (fuel filter clogged because of improper maintenance, or rust/crud in the tank finding its way in the fuel lines). Always inspect the tank and renew the fuel filter whenever replacing a fuel pump!
besides, i've seen a few AFM failures, most of them are related to wear (pot track worn and poor contact) but sometimes it can be due to air filter removal (destruction of NTC air temp sensor) or by backfiring of the engine damaging the flap.
my 33 has marelli fuel system and has 427 000 kms on the clock, everything is stock except the fuel pump, the clutch, and the front shocks. those cars are pretty reliable provided you offer them proper maintenance. mine never let its owner stranded. i use to pretend that these cars have a soul of their own, and will reward you for all the care you take of them!

with best regards,
zp
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum