Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Anyone heard of Fastech Tuning (De)????

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthe_W_allace
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Anyone heard of Fastech Tuning (De)???? Reply with quote

I recently picked up an ecu re-map chip for my 16v.

Apparently it gives an extra few horses and a bit more torque and also sets the rev-limit to 7200 rpm.

Apart from the rev limit (which I know has moved but am afraid to hit!!!!) I have noticed little difference in performance.

This chip obviously alters the fueling, so I was wondering if I might need an air filter too, as I am currently using standard airbox!

If so does anyone have any good suggestions for air filters for a 33 16v?
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone heard of Fastech Tuning (De)???? Reply with quote

Apart from the rev limit (which I know has moved but am afraid to hit!!!!) I have noticed little difference in performance.

Hi matt

Go for a K&N cone filter and put a cold air feed in.that will give you abit more power as well.dont be afraid of the limit.i have a chip that revs to about 7500+.its great!! by the way did i tell my cars still dead Laughing
hope this helps abit
regards john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your car dead from revving to 7500? Wink
In a 1985 magazine article I have, it says "The quality of the Alfas' performance is easier to quantify: if you enjoy driving, the 1.5-litre boxer is still rewarding to use, with formidable response, fair smoothness and traditional Alfa eagerness from 1500rpm to the red line, which is strangely 6400rpm when the British-spec Ti is allowed 7000rpm."
So who knows how high you can rev the engines.
I don't rev mine past 6000 because I can't keep watching the rev counter while I'm hooning, but after a recent country blast the motor has begun to sound funny. It's going to a mechanic this afternoon.
Confused
johnboy
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ben

its dead because of an electrical fault.got it in my garage now.so will steam into it.i have been told that if the crack and i think the big end bearings are uprated ,they will rev way past 8000 Shocked

regards john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean crank and big end bearings?
I know guys who race boxer Alfas in my local Alfa club Trofeo series do up the motors until they can rev really high.

I found there wasn't anything wrong with my engine after all - just the hot air pickup thing from the exhaust pipes. The bolt securing its pipe to the engine had worked loose and was making the rattling sound. Rolling Eyes
hugh jinjin
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: revving 1700s too hard Reply with quote

to regularly use over 7000rpm you will NEED forged pistons as the ring lands (the narrow parts of the piston between the ring grooves) will overheat and break up.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum