Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

1700cc 33 power stering box in a sud?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: 1700cc 33 power stering box in a sud? Reply with quote

im thinking that it will have a more direct ratio, and be easier to turn in the tight corners at my fave track - sure, I will loose a little power - but thats a trade off Im willing to make. I would guess that a smaller pulley would help with the power reduction and make the thing less vague - is there anything that I have overlooked?? Very Happy
Rees Cees
Alfasud

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1700cc 33 power stering box in a sud? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
im thinking that it will have a more direct ratio, and be easier to turn in the tight corners at my fave track - sure, I will loose a little power - but thats a trade off Im willing to make. I would guess that a smaller pulley would help with the power reduction and make the thing less vague - is there anything that I have overlooked?? Very Happy

put no power steering in your racecar. it makes the car steering les direct. I have no powerstering in my racer (I donīt park it often in my street in front of my house Laughing Laughing )
mario_b
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at WRC, you will see that all cars are servo because they cam turn faster with less steering wheel revolutions. This means they dont have to take their hands off the steering wheel and it is easyer to drive (much less effort and fatigue). Servo (or power steering) can be very direct, if it has proper feedback.
Rees Cees
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario_b wrote:
If you look at WRC, you will see that all cars are servo because they cam turn faster with less steering wheel revolutions. This means they dont have to take their hands off the steering wheel and it is easyer to drive (much less effort and fatigue). Servo (or power steering) can be very direct, if it has proper feedback.

okay, but not for a 33 or a sud (I race for more than 5 years whit a 33 race car and tried both) no power stearing drives much better for a race 33 (mostly you donīt have to park the racecar on the track Wink than power stearing is handy) and on 99% of the circuits I donīt have to take my hands of the steering wheel (Monaco only)
mario_b
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never raced on a race track because there are none in Romania where I'm from, but I joined at local races where the course is small with lots of turns and speeds of up to 80km/h where handling is important, and I can tell you power steering comes in handy.
My alfa33 doesn't have power steering, but I have another car with power steering!
PS Can anyone tell me if I can put a 33 1,8 TD power steering box in a Alfa33 1,7 carburettor made in 89???? I mean do these cars have the same type of steering boxes, same lock?? Thanks a lot!

later edit: Rees Cees, I've seen a video clip with your car, a black 33 SW. Man, it's cool!!! But why a SW?? And also, how much HP does your 33 have?? What mods did u do to your engine??
tvatavuk
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario_b
what I know is that chass has different holes to mount steering rack with servo and without.
Also engine that had servo on it has servo pump mounting holes on block, which non servo boxer usualy does not.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Motorsport, Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: